Oldrocker Page 7

Hope it all went well.

Very sad to hear this news. He and I didn't always see eye-to-eye (who does?) but he was a much-valued and genuinely liked member of these boards. He also had a dry wit about him, which was much appreciated. Condolences to his family - and I hope he's having a giggle wherever he may be.

RIP

I wonder if Oldrocker is up there having a pint with Lemmy? :D

Aw, I hope so!

What did he think of Bowie?

Quote: zooo @ 12th January 2016, 11:22 PM GMT

What did he think of Bowie?

Not a big fan, I think. Oldrocker liked early rock n roll...and had a soft spot for Status Quo (Chappers, Herc, correct me if I'm wrong). Can't imagine him dancing to stuff like Fame or Let's Dance or smoking pot to Space Oddity.

To be honest, I found Bowie a bit boring.*waits for rock police to arrive and crucify her*

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 17th January 2016, 8:35 PM GMT

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: keewik @ 17th January 2016, 8:42 PM GMT

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

How can you laugh...locked away in the rock n roll gulag for the rest of your life? :D

I'd be locked away from Bowie, unless they made that my punishment.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 17th January 2016, 8:06 PM GMT

Not a big fan, I think. Oldrocker liked early rock n roll...and had a soft spot for Status Quo (Chappers, Herc, correct me if I'm wrong). Can't imagine him dancing to stuff like Fame or Let's Dance or smoking pot to Space Oddity.

Yes, he was a big Quo fan. I am/was slightly older than him and I would smoke pot while listening to Space Oddity. Cool Right on man.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th January 2016, 10:49 PM GMT

Yes, he was a big Quo fan. I am/was slightly older than him and I would smoke pot while listening to Space Oddity. Cool Right on man.

Smoke pot? Disgusting! You young people....

Quote: Chappers @ 17th January 2016, 11:01 PM GMT

Smoke pot? Disgusting! You young people....

No you are right, but making it up in a nice brew would be OK. :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th January 2016, 11:03 PM GMT

No you are right, but making it up in a nice brew would be OK. :)

'Strange Brew?'

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 18th January 2016, 11:33 AM GMT

'Strange Brew?'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hftgytmgQgE