Benidorm - Series 8

Series 8 starts on Monday 11th January 2016.

Oh no.

oh yes

Looking forward to it. :)

Starts tonight, can't wait.

Oh dear!

The first episode of the new series was just brilliant all the way through, it was a great start to the series.

Felt like it had lost its soul.

It was very much a set-up episode, reintroducing characters, bringing in and establishing new ones, and concluding a number of storylines from Series 7 for a fresh start. Looking forward to Episode 2.

Absolute rubbish. The show has declined over the years please call it a day.

Sorry!--Disappointed to say the least!
The new Garvys look and act alikes don't do it for me-trani humour had its day, Confessions of an out of work actor who had more bags under his eyes than a Tesco check out area, sex mad manager, camp characters-dated!
The best characters are either dead or have had enough sense not to go down with the ship! Bon voyage! Wave

Monday 11th January 2016 episode of Benidorm. Two characters need to go straight away, the annoying friend of Tiger and tha young girl, with the godawful irritating accent. The Dawson parents are not a patch on Janice and Mick and trying to emulate them is so wrong and won't work. Madge coming back sounds good and the return of Mateo at the end of the programme was uplifting but where is Liam, I wonder if he will make an appearance. I shall watch episode two in the hope that it improves. :)

Quote: libby jones @ 13th January 2016, 2:29 PM GMT

Two characters need to go straight away, the annoying friend of Tiger and tha young girl, with the godawful irritating accent.

You're not wrong. Soo annoying. And Liam can stay away.

Quote: TonyT @ 14th January 2016, 1:39 PM GMT

You're not wrong. Soo annoying. And Liam can stay away.

Those 2 were the worst part of a truly dreadful show.

When Benidorm was the 30 minute episodes it was good/very good. The past few series have generally been pretty poor but this episode took dreadful to a new level.

Struggling to think of 1 laugh in the programme.

I appreciate that it was always going to be difficult to replace the Garveys and introducing new characters is always difficult. But Tyger's moronic friend was a step too far. And as for the stupid annoying girl AHHHHHH.

Still gets good ratings though as many folks will watch out of blind loyalty, me incuded

Why the stupid put on yank accent by the annoying daughter?