Skit Comp 1 - 8.1.16

Happy New Jeer etc and congratulations to PLAYFULL for winning. PM me with a subject please.
Hence:

Votes - Points - Name
4 - 10 - Playfull
2 - 5 - Gappy
Special mention: Otterfox, me

Your next subject: HEALTH CENRE / SPA (chosen by GAPPY).

Rules:
One entry/vote per person. Anyone can enter regardless of colour, sexual preferences or inside leg measurement, except mongeese.
Can be a sketch, joke, lyric or anything else as long as it's yours and vaguely linked to the topic. Please try to only post your entry/vote and no other posts.
You can edit your entry as much as you want, up until the closing time.

Competition closes: 8.1.16

Scoreboard is now:
Position - Points - Name
1 - 30 - Gappy
2 - 15 - Playfull
3 - 10 - me
4 - 5 - Steve Sunshine, Crindy

INT. GYM. DAY.

A Fitness INSTRUCTOR is talking their CLIENT through an exercise.

INSTRUCTOR
Okay, let's get busy. I want you to squat down for two minutes then jump in the air.

The CLIENT squats down and waits. Slowly, the INSTRUCTOR stands over the CLIENT and looks down at them.

INSTRUCTOR
Quick jump up. Jump up now.

The CLIENT JUMPS in to the air.

INSTRUCTOR
My mistake, squat down again.

The CLIENT squats down and waits.

The INSTRUCTOR slowly pulls the CLIENT up by the head and looks them over then slowly pushes them back down.

INSTRUCTOR
Just a littler longer.

The CLIENT begins to topple.

INSTRUCTOR
Jump! Jump now.

The CLIENT jumps awkwardly and falls on the floor.

INSTRUCTOR
Sorry. Fitness. This is fitness. Thought I was making toast.

END.

[MAN is laying on a massage table, with his shirt off. MASSEUSE is seen behind him]

MASSEUSE: [Swedish. Or Latvian. Or whatever. So long as it's basically racist] Okay, yes, so I am perhaps going to start now.

MAN: Grand, go ahead.

MASSEUSE: Ya. Sure, ya. [Deep breaths] Ya, let's start.

[PAUSE, WITH NOTHING APPARENLY HAPPENING]

MAN: Whenever you're ready.

MASSEUSE: Oh, now you have breaken the concentrates, I must, ah, recentre the energies, yes?

MAN: Oh, OK, sorry.

MASSEUSE: Not a something, don't worry. [More muttering and deep breathing. Goes on for quite a while, without anything obvious happening]

MAN: Sorry, could you just, err, start?

MASSEUSE: Start? What would you think I was already doing, if not some starting?

MAN: Err, I was expecting a massage.

MASSEUSE: And a massage you are getting. Is it good? Not too deep, I'm hoping.

MAN: You've not touched me.

MASSEUSE: Oh, for sure, but this a a vedic oculiris massage, yeah. They told you that in receptions?

MAN: Yeah, well, I don't know what sort's which, I just have this pain in my shoulder.

MASSEUSE: Ah, right, clearing is the water's edge. The oculiris technique uses traditional eyeball massage.

MAN: Uses what?

MASSUESE: Eyeball power, yes. You know a piercing glance? A cutting look? A slapping peek? A snuggling stare? It is like those things, but used in reverse for goodness.

MAN: Are you having a laugh?

MASSEUSE: No, I'm having a serious career. Look, I have done your back, sit up and I shall visuassage your chest.

[MAN sits up warily. MASSEUSE stands in front of him, takes a breath, then makes a series of exaggerated eye faces at him: screwed up, wide open, winking, that sort of thing, all the while moving the head from side to side.]

MAN: Alright, I get it. I'm not being taken for this ride, Gladys.

[MAN stands up, and starts to put on his shirt]

MASSEUSE: No! You may not leave without making my payment. It is forty sterlings.

[MAN ignores her and continues doing up the buttons]

MASSEUSE: Righty tighty. [Shouts] Steven! There is another absconder, potentially!

[Enter STEVEN, a big tough bouncery guy in a tracksuit.]

STEVEN: you planning on going without paying, my friend?

MAN: [Nervous] Yes. Well, you know, I thought it was a bit, err, unfair. The price, and so on.

STEVEN: Well, we'll see about that, my son.

[STEVEN squares up to MAN, tenses himself, then opens his eyes as wide as they'll go. He holds it for a moment, then jerks his head towards the door. Looks confused, tries it again.]

MAN: Oh, ridiculous.

[MAN pushes past and walks out]

STEVEN: Oh, sorry. He was stronger than he looked.

MASSEUSE: It is not a big thing, Steven. It is a small thing. Thanking you for assistance.

[MASSEUSE bends down to pick up a discarded towel. She leaps up suddenly, holding her rear]

MASSEUSE: Hey! Don't you slap my buttock with your vision tendril.

[MASSEUSE whips her head. STEVEN holds his hand to his cheek looking pained]

Vaguely relevant and topical so in the words of Shakespeare, f**k it.

LEMME ATTIM

VO This week saw the death of Motorhead's Lemmy. A shock, he looked like a chap with a long, healthy life in front of him.

INTERVIEWER Hello, you are...

LEMMY (singing) I'm Motorhead, remember me? I'm Motorhead, all right.

INTERVIEWER I'm all right. How are you?

LEMMY I'm so bad.

INTERVIEWER Oh dear.

LEMMY Baby I don't care.

INTERVIEWER You were famous for your...

LEMMY Bomber...

INTERVIEWER Lifestyle. Like an...

LEMMY Iron fist.

INTERVIEWER Clutching an...

LEMMY Ace of spades.

INTERVIEWER With...

LEMMY The road crew.

INTERVIEWER Almost an...

LEMMY Orgasmatron.

INTERVIEWER Until the...

LEMMY Overkill.

INTERVIEWER When you were...

LEMMY Killed by death.

INTERVIEWER But don't worry, I'll be (sings) Dancing on your grave. (dances)

A STAFF ROOM AT THE LOCAL HEALTH CENTRE. ONE TRAINER IS SITTING DRINKING TEA WHEN ANOTHER TRAINER ENTERS WITH A LOOK OF HORROR ON HIS FACE.

T1: You ok? You look like you have just seen your Granny hanged.

T2: Worse...

T1: Not touchy Dave in the showers again?

T2: Worse...

T1: (PUTTING TEA DOWN). This is getting interesting...Pensioner popped their trainers in the over 70's spinning class?

T2: Not even close.

T1: Give me a clue.

T2: It's Christopher Biggins.

T1: God, something as bad as Christopher Biggins?

T2: No, it's Christopher Biggins. Actually Christopher f**king Biggins. He's actually here. I saw him signing up at reception.

T1: Signing up?

T2: Signing up?

T1: For a personal trainer?

T2: That's what the angry dwarf said.

T1: Angry dwarf?

T2: Sorry not angry, 'Grumpy'.

T1: Of course! He's in Aladdin at the Theatre Royal.

T2: Who Grumpy? In Aladdin?

T1: No bloody Biggins! He's in the Panto for two months. And we are the only two free trainers!

T2: Look think back and remember our training. We just have to invoke the Biggins protocol.

T1: That was a just a hypothetical method for dealing with the unlikely eventuality of coming across a Biggins type client?

T2: Well?

T1: Well it won't work with the real Biggins will it? Telling him he is too Biggins like to train safely won't wash with the real Biggins. He won't be too embarrassed to turn up, he already knows he's Biggins! Oh God, one of us will just have to put up with his huge...

T2: ...fat...

T1: ...sweaty...

T2: ...bloated...

T1: ...ego. I'll toss you for him. Heads or tails?

T2: Err...sorry he's all yours, I'm already booked.

T1: What? When? Who?

T2: I've just signed up touchy Dave for six weeks.

Health spa

Mr SMITH knocks on the health centre manager's office door

MANAGER
Come

MR SMITH
MR Tompkins? Hello , the Receptionistsaid that you wanted to have a word with me ?

Manager
Oh yes, please come in and sit down Mr Snith. Now you've been a member of this gym for three months now

MR SMITH
Well , two months three weeks and four days

MANAGER
Yes , well during that time we have become ...concerned ... About your activity at the gym . So much so that we are considering withdrawing your membership card

MR SMITH
Have I done something wrong? I don't understand - I have been courteous and I am really enthusiastic round the place and been almost every day - I've lost so much weight and I feel so much fitter - I've had a great time

MANAGER
Huh, yes you've had a bloody good time haven't you , you bastard?

SMITH
What?

MANAGER
Well let's start with your enthusiasm - always smiling and in every day - you are making our personal trainers look lazy - they only come in as often as they do because they are being paid and they can score drugs - you really expect me to believe your enthusiasm to be here comes from sodding Yoga classes . No , you're up to something

MR SMITH
oh no I'm really not - I love yoga it has improved my balance and my flexibility - it's been a great stress reliever ! Done wonders for my sex life

MANAGER
You filthy bastard!

MR SMITH
,I've really thrown myself into the getting fit thing - swimming, weights, using all the machines

MANAGER
Oh yes, you're all over the place aren't you - always just in view like taxes , death or that weird headache that you are sure is a brain tumour

Don't you ever just take a friggin day off? Just relax at home vegging Putin front of the TV like any normal person you bloody weirdo?

NR SMITH
OH NO , got the bug now - it's like an addiction - love the classes as well. yes, Monday is Boxing training, Tuesday is pilatesand then there's step aerobics Wednesday and Friday

MANAGER
Mr Smith when you signed up for your all inclusive monthly membership there was an understanding as to how you would use our facilities - everyone knows the rules

SMITH
What rules? I don't remember seeing anything in the terms and conditions

MANAGER
F**k the terms and conditions you piece of shit.
Gyn owners offer these all inclusive membership packages for low low prices - sometimes just £70-£80 a month - on the unspoken agreement that members won't actually use the gym.

MR SMITH
BOT USE THE GYM?

MANAGER
No the first few weeks you attend a class , perhaps swimming a couple of times and use of the WEIGHT MACHINES but you're now six weeks in and you're here more often than the chlorine man. By this stage you should really have dropped off in your attendance by now and be guiltily looking at your gym bag every time you open the boot of your car! BUT YHE PAY OFF IS YHt if anyone asks you can say you are a member of a gym , so you don't look like a complete scuzz ball to friends family and potential sexual partners

SMITH
Oh God I had no idea, truly !

MANAGER
OH gary come on , you know how much those big Swedish rubber balls cost? No you're taking the piss. (Begins to. Cry)
its people like you that are putting us honest gym managers out of business bleeding us dry

SMITH
Oh gosh I'm so sorry Mr Tompkins I really had no idea - I guess I have just got caught up in the whole getting fit experience to notice the impact I've been having on anyone else

MANAGER
Just go would you and please remember to hand your keys in at reception - and make sure you bring back any towels!

SMITH
yes of course and don't worry I won't cancel my direct debit - I'm so sorry , I promise I won't come back for months

Smith leaves and thee is a knock on the door

MANAGER
Oh Mr Jones , please come in , I have been wanting to have a word with you about the complimentary orange juice at Reception - now where do you think all those lovely oranges VONE from then you greedy c**t?

Playfull gets my vote, with a runner-up place for Scratchyr's general insanity.

Scratchyr. All good though.

Scratchyr gets my vote

Scratchyr I did not get the joke on first read - but liked it on second read.

Gappy Nailed the Masseuse and I liked the concept of a 'new age' massage by look only. There is a filmable sketch here.

Michael Not really a sketch but a fitting tribute.

Playfull Sounds like he is working through some 'Biggins related issues'.

But as someone who once forgot that he had a gym membership for a year it has to be James for me this time.

I'll have you know, gappy, that my insanity is highly specific.

A good crop this week but ultimately I vote for playfull and his biggins caper.