Catherine Tate's Nan Page 2

There're two specials on BBC One over the Christmas period, which I'm looking forward to. I loved last year's Christmas special one.

Quote: george roper @ 20th December 2015, 8:58 PM GMT

There're two specials on BBC One over the Christmas period, which I'm looking forward to. I loved last year's Christmas special one.

I thought there'd only been one Nan Christmas Special to date, but I may have missed one? I preferred the 5 minute format sketches on the CTS, as they really remind me of my Irish-descended- London-born MIL. I shall watch it though.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 20th December 2015, 9:17 PM GMT

I thought there'd only been one Nan Christmas Special to date, but I may have missed one?

If only there was a website that provided such information...

I'm really looking forward to Nan, too. The first special/pilot was very funny. Just disappointed there's not a full series - yet.

Quote: Aaron @ 20th December 2015, 11:28 PM GMT

If only there was a website that provided such information...

I'm really looking forward to Nan, too. The first special/pilot was very funny. Just disappointed there's not a full series - yet.

I know Aaron, I have heard of this fabled website which offers a comprehensive comedy cornucopia, but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called?

I shall check out the BCG entry though ...

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 20th December 2015, 9:17 PM GMT

I thought there'd only been one Nan Christmas Special to date, but I may have missed one? I preferred the 5 minute format sketches on the CTS, as they really remind me of my Irish-descended- London-born MIL. I shall watch it though.

I am such a n'idiot. Mind you, I don't think that I've seen 'Nan's Christmas Carol'.

I hope it's not watered down for the PC brigade.

Loved the pilot, immensly looking forward to these two new specials. The clips I have seen of the first one looks great!

Quote: alan1967 @ 21st December 2015, 7:53 PM GMT

I hope it's not watered down for the PC brigade.

I definitely don't think it was watered down. I think pretty much every stereotype was mentioned.

It was really funny though.

The new episode was brilliant, better than the pilot last year! Well written and thought out. None of the scenes dragged at all (unlike 'Walliams and Friends''...) Excited for episode 2. This may be my Christmas Comedy highlight this year.

I thought it was brilliant and I'm very much looking forward to Wednesday's episode.

That first special was excellent, probably one of the funniest episodes of a sitcom this year. I was crying with laughter, eagerly awaiting the second one tonight.

The BBC just need to give this show a full series!

Episode 2 was brilliant, really enjoyed it. 3.14 million in ratings for the first special is excellent. Would love to see another few specials.

Quote: 3SOCKSMORGAN @ 31st December 2015, 12:26 PM GMT

Episode 2 was brilliant, really enjoyed it. 3.14 million in ratings for the first special is excellent. Would love to see another few specials.

Yes I have to totally agree, these two specials were brilliant. That DVD due out 19th January will definitely be on order!

I thought the second episode was far funnier than this first, which I'd also quite enjoyed. Still hoping for a full series!

As funny as an infected root canal, made somehow even worse by the audience shrieking at every other line.

Which is s shame, because I liked the Nan sketches in the series.