Status report Page 5,889

Quote: chipolata @ 1st January 2016, 12:03 AM GMT

Chip's just managed to get the cat in before the fireworks start.

It's not a competition. But first post of 2026. Cool

Quote: chipolata @ 1st January 2016, 12:11 AM GMT

It's not a competition. But first post of 2026. Cool

That's some impressive time travelling.

Quote: zooo @ 1st January 2016, 12:12 AM GMT

That's some impressive time travelling.

:D

I am D14. Although don't be surprised if I mark my 20th year on the BCG by getting the first post of 2026.

I hope you have already started planning it. With this much build up it has to be a doozy.

Have decided that this year I will try and cook one proper meal a week and something like muffins or biscuits once a month.I predict that this will last until Sunday week.

I will be 30 next year so figure I should start pretending to be a proper grown up.

Wish I was 30 next year. :(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st January 2016, 12:14 PM GMT

Wish I was 30 next year. :(

I wish I was about 20. Everyone I know around my age...about five years older or younger seems to have done so much better at been grown up than me. Between them all they own housing, have relationships/children or very academic jobs. In some cases a combination of these.

I own no property- I rent a little studio. I don't have a relationship or child and although my job does require some thought it is by no means academic.

Celebrating my birthday by getting drunk on some Scottish ales, alone. Happy holidays everyone!

Forward, ever forward.

Lee has fixed his printer after it not working for a long time but before buying a new one!

Quote: reds @ 1st January 2016, 11:57 AM GMT

I will be 30 next year so figure I should start pretending to be a proper grown up.

Why? I'll be 60 this year and I've never found any need to.

You're old enough to be my Dad!

Pappa? Huh?

I believe I am turning into an old man, as I have just written my third email of complaint this week.

The first involved some in date mouldy bread from Asda who then phoned me to say they have refunded me 98p. The second was a broken juicer, which is being collected by courier for replacement today. The third is a cheap kettle I bought from Morrisons which last night decided to try and boil itself dry and continues to do so! I expect nothing less than a brand new replacement.

I wonder if I'll squeeze out a fourth before the weeks up?

Quote: Lee @ 7th January 2016, 10:16 AM GMT

I believe I am turning into an old man, as I have just written my third email of complaint this week.

The first involved some in date mouldy bread from Asda who then phoned me to say they have refunded me 98p. The second was a broken juicer, which is being collected by courier for replacement today. The third is a cheap kettle I bought from Morrisons which last night decided to try and boil itself dry and continues to do so! I expect nothing less than a brand new replacement.

I wonder if I'll squeeze out a fourth before the weeks up?

Welcome to the club Victor........it gets worse. Unimpressed

Have you ever been victim of a Victor Meldrew style farce?