Mrs Brown's Boys - Christmas Specials 2015

As usual, the hit sitcom returns to BBC One Christmas Day and New Years Day for what is expected to be, the most watched show of the festive period again. After another sell-out UK tour "How Now Mrs Brown Cow" in 2015 comes two brand new episodes.

Looking forward to these new specials, I know I am one of the only people on here who is a fan of the show but it does prove to be a big hit for the BBC at Christmas.

They're touring Australia again early 2016, most of those shows are also sold out and according to what I read a few days ago, a second Movie is being planned.

I was delighted to see that I'd missed the Christmas Day episode but gutted to learn there was a NY episode of the Feckstravangza.

Basically I just wanted to let you know I'd thought of the word 'Feckstravaganza'.

My friend, who's pretty ITK when it comes to telly tells me there's a rumour that Mrs Brown isn't a 'Mrs' at all. He says there are whispers that it's a bloke in drag. All seems a bit fishy to me.

Quote: longtime firstime @ 30th December 2015, 9:28 AM GMT

My friend, who's pretty ITK when it comes to telly tells me there's a rumour that Mrs Brown isn't a 'Mrs' at all. He says there are whispers that it's a bloke in drag. All seems a bit fishy to me.

Fecking Hell! :O

Mrs. Brown seemed to be channelling Les Dawson throughout the entire episode.

Another great Christmas episode, looking forward to the New Year Special.

I thought this show had finished? It seems to be on more now it isn't on than it was when it was.

I hear people say 'Well, if it's not for you then don't watch it' but you don't have to watch the show because you keep coming into contact with people who do. 'That' person.

A total comedy vapoid who wouldn't know a laugh if it said 'Feck' and pretended it had forgotten a prop, came out of character and then went back in to much laughter from the fellow actors.

I don't watch that dwad Keith Lemmon neither but the girls around me sit hee-hawing with laughter at his zany irreverent humour and constant mentioning of Holly Willoughby's norks.

Lemmon and Brown two sides of the same vulgar coin. If another show came on the telly with so much swearing in it they'd be uproar yet because..... Oh I don't know.

Watch it if you want, just don't talk to me about it.

A universal comedy show has yet to be written!
An, the dissenters seem to shout the loudest (usually with a theme of "you're an idiot if you like this").

MMB reminds me of the local amateur dramatics society putting on their annual pantomime.
You know some of the actors and laugh because they are hamming it up. The bloopers might be contrived but you play along and laugh.
The plot is transparent and you wait for the pay-off fully knowing what will happen and still laugh.
Brendan O'Carroll knows all of this and writes excellently in that vein.

It's a good 'sit down in anticipation' show.

NB: I bet Bubbles was a 'dirty shag'

Nyah.........can take it or leave it, and it does have an air of predictability and "amateurness" (new word Laughing out loud ) about it.

Most of the Christmas specials have been poor IMHO (Particuarly the nativity from the other year). Anyway, in general, I like the show so I watched the Christmas show this year. I made it to the end, but I wasn't impressed....but the new year special was diabolical. I didn't get halfway before I turned it off, and I don't usually give up on Sitcoms.

I think that maybe the lack of Maria (and Betty in the NY) might have had something to do with it.

T

I think that last special, the new year's one, was probably the worst episode of Mrs. Brown's Boys yet. The Christmas one wasn't too bad though.

Best sitcom ever IMO but I didn't find the Christmas one up to scratch

Quote: bushbaby @ 3rd January 2016, 12:18 PM GMT

Best sitcom ever IMO but I didn't find the Christmas one up to scratch

Look, I know opinions are opinions and everyone has a right to one, but man...the best sitcom ever?

EVER??!!

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 4th January 2016, 3:26 PM GMT

Look, I know opinions are opinions and everyone has a right to one, but man...the best sitcom ever?

EVER??!!

Yup and at 75 I've watched 'em all :D :D

Quote: bushbaby @ 6th January 2016, 9:20 AM GMT

Yup and at 75 I've watched 'em all :D :D

That's even more bonkers!! :)

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 4th January 2016, 3:26 PM GMT

EVER??!!

I can take it or leave it.

But LAST Christmas (not the one just gone) my wife, and her sister and brother sat and watched a couple of Mrs Brown's we had on the Sky planner.

I have never heard such laughter in one room (I was outside the room)

Her brother (who is in his 60s and very overweight) was laughing so much I thought he was going to have a heart attack and we would have a family death over Christmas.

I prefer my comedy a bit more subtle (Porridge, Fawlty Towers, Bilko etc).