Not Going Out - 2015 Christmas Special

A brand new Not Going Out special tonight on BBC One. Glad it has returned again, nice to see where Lee and Lucy are now a year on. Also glad to see the format has been kept the same, I read somewhere a few months ago that this episode was going to have no studio laughter track on it but happy that they chose to keep it in-line with previous series and include the studio laughter.

Looking forward to it, all the same.

Looks like this will be a sort of transitional episode for the possible family based spin off Mack's been taking about.

Quote: G180e @ 24th December 2015, 2:28 PM GMT

A brand new Not Going Out special tonight on BBC One. Glad it has returned again, nice to see where Lee and Lucy are now a year on. Also glad to see the format has been kept the same, I read somewhere a few months ago that this episode was going to have no studio laughter track on it but happy that they chose to keep it in-line with previous series and include the studio laughter.

Looking forward to it, all the same.

I thought they were showing it on screen in front of "a live studio audience" like the did with Last of the Summer Wine.

I quite liked how they did this one, filmed 'single-camera' with the audience recorded after.

The episode I liked too. Bit different for them, though the events at the end were a bit obvious.

Also, liked how the ending shots were basically a Die Hard ending homage Laughing out loud

And the prize for the least realistic baby bump in the history of television goes to...

Far better than I anticipated.

Thought it was terrific!

Quote: Feeoree @ 25th December 2015, 10:05 AM GMT

Also, liked how the ending shots were basically a Die Hard ending homage Laughing out loud

I'm pretty sure the whole plot was a Die Hard parody. To be honest, it's a better sequel to Die Hard than Die Hard 4 or 5.

I liked it.

Awful awful awful.

4 of us watched this on Christmas Day and despite all of us being huge NGO fans we never laughed once.

It was more like some kind of lame horror movie rather than a Comedy.

The idea of a psycho robber who is more than willing to kill people including a heavily pregnant woman is not really my idea of comedy.

Then you have the fact that Lee actually had to be talked into trying to help save his PREGNANT WIFE. As if.

Frank saving the day was also a poor cop out seeing as he had to really think about it.

There has only been a few NGO episodes that have been truly awful, this along with Mugging is by far the worst.

I am going to pretend this episode never happened.

Quote: vinny j @ 27th December 2015, 8:19 PM GMT

Awful awful awful.

4 of us watched this on Christmas Day and despite all of us being huge NGO fans we never laughed once.

The idea of a psycho robber who is more than willing to kill people including a heavily pregnant woman is not really my idea of comedy.

Then you have the fact that Lee actually had to be talked into trying to help save his PREGNANT WIFE. As if.

Frank saving the day was also a poor cop out seeing as he had to really think about it.

There has only been a few NGO episodes that have been truly awful, this along with Mugging is by far the worst.

Despite the fact that I thought this was one of the strongest 'post-Vine' episodes, I completely see where you're coming from. NGO is the only sitcom I can think of that has such vast differences in quality from one episode to the next. I liked this one, but a previous Christmas episode in a haunted house I thought was terrible.

I'm hoping if they go ahead with Mack's idea for a new spin off series he'll soften the Lucy character (she's not very likeable). I think Lucy should be written to be closer to the real Sally Bretton. I've seen her interviewed and she seems lovely.

I think out of all the Christmas episodes this was my favourite one even if the ending was pretty obvious.
I'm a big Lee Mack fan and like pretty much everything he's been in so I may seem biased but the jokes didn't seem as forced this time round and there did seem to be an air of genuine menace when Lee, Lucy and Toby were being chased through the store.

Anyone know how it's getting released on did as everything else has been put out already, anyone reckon there'll be an extended version with another fifteen minutes or so that wasn't on the broadcast version?

Quote: vinny j @ 27th December 2015, 8:19 PM GMT

Awful awful awful.

Harsh.

Thought it had many funny moments.

When Lee and Lucy were hiding behind the till but were seen on all of the televisions.

How about the rather immature but funny fart effect in the warehouse.

Plus the usual one-liners and general silliness - just another NGO episode really.

Rolling eyes

What on earth is the point of the roll eyes emoticon?

I'm glad so many liked this episode because hopefully it will help get NGO another series. But hay guess what, not everyone liked it.

How can it be harsh when I never laughed once or felt the whole premise was far too dark and sinister for a sitcom like NGO. Harsh? No just my own opinion.

There has been 54 episodes of NGO and I have liked pretty much all but 3 or 4. This being one of them.

Quote: vinny j @ 28th December 2015, 10:08 PM GMT

What on earth is the point of the roll eyes emoticon?

I'm glad so many liked this episode because hopefully it will help get NGO another series. But hay guess what, not everyone liked it.

How can it be harsh when I never laughed once or felt the whole premise was far too dark and sinister for a sitcom like NGO. Harsh? No just my own opinion.

There has been 54 episodes of NGO and I have liked pretty much all but 3 or 4. This being one of them.

I didn't intend to submit the rolling eyes smiley - I thought it was a genuine smiley!

I just felt your opinion was harsh and slightly dramatic - albeit, YOUR opinion.

That was my opinion of your opinion :D <----- Genuine smile!

All cool, Mr Griff.

Still love the show and really hope an 8th series is in the pipeline.

I will actually watch this episode again at some point. Who knows, perhaps a second viewing will go down better. Does happen.