100 greatest BCG moments. Page 22

A great BCG moment was when zooo said that Matt Stott sounded like "all the members of the League of Gentlemen at once". I'm not sure I've ever encountered a more befitting description of anything.

Laughing out loud

That was also the greatest moment in Stott's life. And possibly zooo's for that matter.

I remember when Bussell left.
We thought it would have no effect.
Boy were we wrong.
Next it was Putters then it was Stott & Godot in a suicide pact.
Tim Walker, Graham Bandage & Seefax all came back just so they could leave again.
We all had to leave at one point just to show that we could.
The survivors were a mixture of those who could cope when the going got tough & those who could remember their passwords.
Ok Oldrocker stayed the whole time but he was waiting for the Quiz answers which was fair enough.

But as soon as everyone decided to have avatars from the same sitcom, a calm descended & it became the incredible site we know today.

I remember looking forward to the proceedings when the BCG finally decided to sue George Roper.
But once Jennie threatened to represent George, and Marc P threatened to write a Novel about it the BCG decided to settle out of court

One moment that stands out for me was the night the clique were called one by one, woken in the dead of night as was foretold by Teddy. It's alleged they were taken sleepy eyed and without protest to to Make It section, there they were given the three secrets and some warm milk. Several members of the clique higher never returned though legend has it they reside in the soul of the Eh? person.

I sleep with the light on these days.

I think it started to go downhill for the 56th time when they started merging threads together to save cyberspace

I never posted on the All in one consolidated General General who do you fancy Goerge Roper series 2 thread

But a part of me wishes I had,
I wish there was something I could of done even if it was just some bad grammar to distract Aaron

Oliver as pantomime with the elegant Helen as principal boy and Fink-Nottle tossed into her bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHNcMs8W660

Quote: A Horseradish @ 3rd December 2015, 3:04 PM GMT

Oliver as pantomime with the elegant Helen as principal boy and Fink-Nottle tossed into her bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHNcMs8W660

I remember back when every thread started to have it's own specific set of instructions, it started small with an old Nick the Don thread but soon spread it's way to every single thread, as nobody seemed to know how to use the BCG any more

It was just prior to the second coming of Lime5000 so It was all irrelevant in the end

Quote: chipolata @ 30th January 2012, 3:56 PM GMT

Who is this Bolt? I've been here 6 years and never heard of him.

It's 9 years now. And next year I'll be celebrating my Aluminum Anniversary at the BCG.

We should all send you something to celebrate. Some foil?

I sure you've already have your tin of spam from our sponsors?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 11th May 2013, 3:06 AM BST

Boy were we wrong.
Tim Walker, Graham Bandage & Seefax all came back just so they could leave again.
The survivors were a mixture of those who could cope when the going got tough & those who could remember their passwords.
Ok Oldrocker stayed the whole time but he was waiting for the Quiz answers which was fair enough.

But as soon as everyone decided to have avatars from the same sitcom, a calm descended & it became the incredible site we know today.

It's true, I did stop posting after Stott left. I don't think he realised that although he annoyed me beyond description I still liked and respected him.

I wouldn't have taken the shit I chucked at him, though.

But he did help give birth to some of my most creative and polished vitriol so he should be proud.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 3rd December 2015, 10:01 PM GMT

I remember back when every thread started to have it's own specific set of instructions, it started small with an old Nick the Don thread but soon spread it's way to every single thread, as nobody seemed to know how to use the BCG any more

It was just prior to the second coming of Lime5000 so It was all irrelevant in the end

Yes indeed.

I liked the one where Bill Boaks drove his tricycle covered in sandwich boards into the Stop The War campaign as the son of Pink Floyds excavated the cenotaph and wielded it like a light sabre at a bejompered Otis Ferry.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 11th May 2013, 3:06 AM BST

Boy were we wrong.

I may be returning.

(Just so I can leave again.)

With the arrival of the first new "proper" Star Wars film, it seems like an apropos moment to return to the BCG franchise.

...I've got a bad feeling about this