Citizen Khan - Series 4

Mixed opener to the series tonight, I thought. Nice to see Peter Bowles though.

Real shame about the major cast change.

I don't like the cast change. Perhaps, I would have accepted it more quickly if this was the second series but we're now on the fourth, we've seen Shazia and Amjad relationship grow in past 3 series ( got married and had a kid). The change feels out of place. Wonder why the old one left?

The reuse of old gags is getting tiring.

This episode was dire. The concept is getting tired and they've run out of ideas. Should've been retired after 2, or 3 seasons at the most.

Quote: Alfie J @ 2nd November 2015, 12:59 AM GMT

seasons

Don't anger the Mighty Aaron.

The trailer and the teaser clip just show how the format is getting tiresome.
They've made Mr Khan more cartoonish and completely ridiculous.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h8-ORCddd1Y

Each series of this crap has been shown progressively earlier - if sadly there is another it'll be shown with CBBC!

I thought the 1st series wasn't half bad but things started taking a dip in the 2nd when they swapped 'gingers' but it still had some good moments. By series 3 they'd run out of steam and Allah knows why they've done a 4th.

They have run out of any decent ideas, each episode is paraody of the one before.
I heard that there's plans for a movie, Series 4 should be the last series followed by the movie as a big send off. If they continue with another TV series, the show will get even more stale.

Maybe if it they had a more of a connecting arc, it would be more interesting. But the 'story of the week' format has become repetitive and boring. (If the movie had more of a plot, the canned laughter removed - it could be potentially good.)

I caught a bit of this last night waiting for HIGNFY. Has it always been so unfunny? Makes Love Thy Neighbour look PC.

Love Thy Neighbour was funny for its time?

Quote: Aaron @ 30th October 2015, 11:11 PM GMT

Real shame about the major cast change.

I don't watch this rubbish. But is Mr Khan now played by Chris Moyles or something?

Quote: T.W. @ 17th December 2015, 12:39 AM GMT

I don't watch this rubbish. But is Mr Khan now played by Chris Moyles or something?

No. His eldest daughter changed.

Incredibly a fifth series has been commissioned!