Peep Show - Series 9 Page 6

Mark will make it up with Jerry, and then Jez will seduce him. Mark will go back to an empty flat - but he'll manage to keep Jerry's Civilisation box set, result! Laughing out loud

Quote: gappy @ 10th December 2015, 10:29 PM GMT

Mark will make it up with Jerry, and then Jez will seduce him. Mark will go back to an empty flat - but he'll manage to keep Jerry's Civilisation box set, result! Laughing out loud

:P

I've watched it now. Decent ep, some very good lines, but it sort of felt as if it were there to get the pieces in order for the final show. Very much looking forward to next week.

The latest episode was a big improvement on the previous one. The snake stuff was good, and nice that Sophie's life seems to get shitter each time we see her.

Hard to believe it all comes to an end next Wednesday.

The latest episode was, OK, I liked it, but not the best in the series IMO. I think the next episode, will be a big one as it is the end of the series and the final show.

Quote: Wheel @ 12th December 2015, 10:55 AM GMT

The latest episode was, OK, I liked it, but not the best in the series IMO. I think the next episode, will be a big one as it is the end of the series and the final show.

I know - I'm kind of gutted already :|

It's all over! Great last episode, but I'm sad to see it end :(

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 16th December 2015, 10:33 PM GMT

It's all over! Great last episode, but I'm sad to see it end :(

Did you think so? I thought it was disappointing.

Shame it's all over.

Knew they wouldn't end up as an item - what a bizarre prediction made by some :D :D :D :D :D

Jeff has got to be one of the most annoying arseholes in sitcom history

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 16th December 2015, 10:47 PM GMT

Did you think so? I thought it was disappointing.

Shame it's all over.

Knew they wouldn't end up as an item - what a bizarre prediction made by some :D :D :D :D :D

EErrmm, not so bizzare Tommy, actually very close, thought it was was gunna happen right at the end there when Jez asked mark if he'd ...Ya'know.

They left it very open and very Peep Show-esque. Basically back where it all began! Was expecting a bit more of an "Ending" but at least this has left it in a good place where if ever they did want to come back and do more they could.

I think it was simultaneously the most expected and unexpected way for Peep Show to end!

Aw, perfect ending. Just how I hoped it would end - as BionicWheel says, just where it all began.

Just popping back (after a long absence) to comment on this.

I was actually a late arrival to 'Peep Show' - don't think I started watching it until it was already into Series 3.

Anyway, once I did I soon realised just what a bona fide classic it is. Yes, one can say that the early series were "better", but this show has pretty much always stood head-and-shoulders above other sitcom of its era.

As regards the final episode. Classic. Almost-perfect. Congratulations to Sam and Jesse for for leaving Mark and Jeremy back in the same depressing (yet ultimately cosy) situation as they started. That is proper sitcom. Nothing ever really changes, no-one ever really grows.

SPOILER ALERT!!

It was a wonderful final episode. The crowning glory - after SuperHans leaving for Macedonia - was to have Mark and Jeremy openly, happily, discussing the ways they would kill each other. This little interchange was the perfect ending and the perfect summation of their relationship. Kudos to the writers for leaving us fans with a great episode, full of great lines and wanting more.

I am normally loathe to suggest a film spin-off of any sitcom, but part of me wishes that we might see a 'Peep Show' movie.

I'm going to miss the El Dude brothers.

RIP.

Thought it was a fantastic final series, as someone who loves Peep Show but was seriously tested in that love during series 7 & 8. Every episode was at least good, and at least two of them were classics.

Briefly in that finale, during Mark's unexpectedly heartfelt speech to April, I wanted him to have a happy ending, then the writers quickly reminded me why Jez and Mark didn't deserve a happy ending, and instead deserved each other.

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th December 2015, 10:54 PM GMT

Jeff has got to be one of the most annoying arseholes in sitcom history

The shoehorning of Jeff into that last episode was really weird. I can only assume the writers just wanted a few more familiar faces back in the last ever episode, but it was a bit jarring.

Beautiful but sad, especially as you know it ended just before the door got kicked down y the police. Peep Show in prison? C'mon Mark would be a perfect creepy librarian and Jez could get hilariously conflicted about being raped in the shower.
They'd share a cell of course like Porridge crossed with Shawshanks.
You pissed in my piss!