Have I Got News For You - Series 50 Page 4

Not a fan of his, but he was good on tonight's show.

I used to watch this show religiously but I can't bear it when politicians are on, they must realise they are only invited so Hislop/Merton can rip the urine out of them. I haven't a problem with them getting hammered by the panel it's just they are not funny in the slightest, and to be honest I can't stand politicians.

Quote: alan1967 @ 16th December 2015, 10:55 AM GMT

I used to watch this show religiously but I can't bear it when politicians are on, they must realise they are only invited so Hislop/Merton can rip the urine out of them. I haven't a problem with them getting hammered by the panel it's just they are not funny in the slightest, and to be honest I can't stand politicians.

I've given up on it. Now I don't need to be quite as politically savvy I'd rather disappear into escapism.

Quote: Georgina7 @ 4th December 2015, 2:23 AM GMT

Anyone else think that over the last 10 years Ian has actually become funnier / wittier than Paul?! If you watch old eps Paul was particularly spikier and more controversial with guests, maybe because his private life wasn't always going so well so he was moodier.
But these days I think that Ian is actually the quicker / wittier panellist-while Paul tends to sit quietly and just quip in the odd random / and not always funny comment!

Agreed. Ian's a real asset to the show, every episode.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th December 2015, 11:21 PM GMT

Not a fan of his, but he was good on tonight's show.

Ditto. Terrible man, but surprisingly humourous.

Have to say Paul Merton just looks bored. Compared to his performances on Just A Minute (equally long running) he barely seems to contribute. He is occasionally funny and I'd rather have him than a politician from any party. Most of them are deeply tedious and have to stick to the party line which is an instant buzzkill. It feels like Ian Hislop can barely be bothered to call them on whatever nonsense they spout.

I think it's time for the BBC to find a new programme/format.

Quote: Sixty3closure @ 10th January 2016, 2:37 AM GMT

Have to say Paul Merton just looks bored. Compared to his performances on Just A Minute (equally long running) he barely seems to contribute. He is occasionally funny and I'd rather have him than a politician from any party. Most of them are deeply tedious and have to stick to the party line which is an instant buzzkill. It feels like Ian Hislop can barely be bothered to call them on whatever nonsense they spout.

I think it's time for the BBC to find a new programme/format.

Hasn't been the same since you know who was swept aside.

I used to watch it regularly in the Angus Deayton years. The interplay between the three regulars made the show while the guests were usually merely there to make up the numbers, among the exceptions being Boris. For me the guest chair format hasn't worked with not all incumbents up to the task. Merton's long since lost his spark too. Another show the Beeb needs to put out to grass along with the Apprentice, Strictly, Dragon's Den...

Has anybody got any idea who tonight's host is?

Very funny again tonight.