Which sitcom series stopped a bit too early?

..and maybe still had enough petrol left in the tank.

Some series have classic or cult status because they were cut short in their prime, usually after 2 or 3 series. Which do you reckon could've gone on for another one or two series more? I'm thinking 'I'm Alan Partridge', which also ran for just 12 episodes

Said it before elsewhere here - The Walshes. Only 3 episodes. >_<

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th December 2015, 12:25 PM GMT

Said it before elsewhere here - The Walshes. Only 3 episodes. >_<

That was kind of patchy though. I didn't rate it that highly, which is strange considering that it was a Graham Linehan penned show.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 15th December 2015, 12:26 PM GMT

That was kind of patchy though. I didn't rate it that highly, which is strange considering that it was a Graham Linehan penned show.

Nope, not for me - I thought it was brilliant.

Phoenix Nights, Spaced, Early Doors, all stalled after second year run and all were... you know how good they were...
Early Doors has the most contagious loughs ever, and beautiful actors.

+ The Young Ones obviously, Filthy Rich & Catflap, Believe Nothing with excellent RM.

Freezing, Hebburn, Me And Mrs Jones, Blandings, George & Mildred.

I think we could have had a couple more series of The Office without it dipping in quality.

Quote: Alexei Q @ 15th December 2015, 12:17 PM GMT

..and maybe still had enough petrol left in the tank.

Some series have classic or cult status because they were cut short in their prime, usually after 2 or 3 series. Which do you reckon could've gone on for another one or two series more? I'm thinking 'I'm Alan Partridge', which also ran for just 12 episodes

But at least we got a film, a book, two documentaries and Mid Morning Matters. That's a lot of quality Partridge.

Quote: Aaron @ 15th December 2015, 9:17 PM GMT

Me And Mrs Jones

Ha

Hardwicke House.

Dear John (although it obviously did become popular in America)
Worst Week of My Life
Phoenix Nights
Marion and Geoff
Spy

In terms of recent ones, Hebburn definitely, though having re-watched the Christmas episode from 2012 or 2013 last week, at least that went out on quite a high.

The Mighty Boosh.
Dinnerladies.
I'm Alan Partridge.

2Point4Children

Maxs & Paddy's Road To Nowhere

Some Mothers Do Ave Em

Going Straight

Love Thy Neighbour

The Office

Quote: Nick @ 19th December 2015, 12:45 PM GMT

Dear John (although it obviously did become popular in America)
Worst Week of My Life
Phoenix Nights
Marion and Geoff
Spy

Worst week of my life could only really go on for one series but there was a Christmas one as well if I remember correctly.

Max and Paddy was excellent from start to finish and I would go as far to say that I prefer it to Phoenix Nights. I'm shocked they didn't follow that up with another series.