2 More Dumb (but quick!) Cartoons

Hello All

Here: https://youtu.be/8QSIKTem2RI (my apologies)

And here: https://youtu.be/3f2sqEw5XoU

Looking forward to any comments on the scripts, look, acting, sound quality, anything else.

The next thing I make will be a proper over-a-minute-long sketch.

Cheers
Yacob

Can only comment on the second one:

Dumb? Yes! Quick? Yes! Good? Yes! Funny? Somewhat...

It was too much of a quick bad dad joke to really build even any time to fill my lungs with air to produce a laugh. As always, it looked good and would be ideal as a transition gag in a longer production, where we've just cut to a new scene and this happens but you quickly move on the next bit.

Cheers Lee! What you've written makes sense.

I hope when I try a longer sketch my (ahem) 'jokes' will work better.

You have the talents to make a longer sketch. It's great you practice with these shorts but get on with making a more substantial sketch. I want to see it! :)

I don't think there would be anything wrong with putting together a minute long clips of quick fire gags either. If that's a safer option?

Liked the first one, that appealed to my type of humour.

They would work well on twitter as vines I think (6seconds)

Quote: Lee @ 28th November 2015, 12:23 PM GMT

You have the talents to make a longer sketch. It's great you practice with these shorts but get on with making a more substantial sketch. I want to see it! :)

I don't think there would be anything wrong with putting together a minute long clips of quick fire gags either. If that's a safer option?

Could watch a YouTube playlist of them.

Quote: Carlos Manwelly @ 28th November 2015, 5:50 PM GMT

Liked the first one, that appealed to my type of humour.

They would work well on twitter as vines I think (6seconds)

Thanks Carlos! I really should look into twitter, vines, etc (I'm not even on Facebook).

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 28th November 2015, 9:23 PM GMT

Could watch a YouTube playlist of them.

Sure make me do all the work :P

Hi Yacob,
I think I can now call myself a fan of your work, as I often find myself watching you cartoons as a funny break to my day.
Loved the first one, simple but effective and the expressions on the cartoon characters is just perfect!

I'm not sure I understand the second one?

Can't wait to see a longer cartoon but these are great!

The 1st is lovely, great animation and voices. Sure, the joke's been done before, but haven't they all?

The 2nd is a strong pun but, believe it or not, I actually think it's too long: there's no need for the shoe to talk, just cut to it.

Good work, as per usual.

Love the quality of the voice overs and the artwork, but the first one ends at the point you are about to laugh. Maybe when kitty dies, quickly pop it in a mini coffin and bin it ? With the second one I like the voice of the shoe, so your audience is divided on that one. Good transition gags, but they need a stronger joke to stand alone. Good stuff.

they're both fun and your style seems to get slicker all the time, I also love how you get everything done so quick.

One problem, the first one is a pretty well known Viz Top Tip

I'm sure that's accidental, but might be an issue if you used it on a show real.

Thanks for comments so far!

I didn't know that the 1st joke's been done before but it's understandable that is has.

I use it periodically in stand up along with,

"don't ask an assassin to take your sister out, unless you really hate her and can afford it"

But it's more bad luck. Kinda like only telling bad jokes because everyone knows the good ones.

still impressed by the brevity, way too many rambling sketches.

First one made me laugh out loud, not keen on the second.

Hi, I hope you don't mind but I just had to post a link to your Kitty Joke on facebook!
This is crazy funny and everyone I've shown it to cracks up.
Keep up the good work!