Josh - Series 1 Page 3

The title didn't fill me with confidence. I like Josh Widdicombe and think this is OK. I'll certainly keep watching. I liked the UCAS line in the last ep, but that could've just been because I'd completely forgotten about UCAS. Nice for Josh that he finally got an opportunity to air that Macy Gray joke after like 15 years...

Ok so FINALLY got round to watching this, watched ep1 and 3 and it is really not that great....the jokes / lines are predictable and I think the only good actor in it is Elis.
Beattie is particularly not very impressive - if Jennifer Saunders wasn't her mum she wouldn't be there! Her comic timing is nothing like her mothers!!

Was this slightly based on the flatmate sitcom Girls on Top?

I would be very surprised if this came back.

Right, so apparently two nearly 30yos stealing a cuddly toy off a young kid and running away is supposed to be funny? It wasn't 20-30 years ago!

Awful.

Quote: Dave @ 4th December 2015, 11:16 PM GMT

I would be very surprised if this came back.

Prepare to be very surprised. I think they might just be waiting until the first series has ended to announce the second.

"Josh Widdicombe explained that it was a struggle to find time to write the scripts for the initial run".

Yes, I picked up on this.

Basically, Josh is BBC3's suicide note.

Quote: curtis patrick @ 17th December 2015, 12:47 AM GMT

"Josh Widdicombe explained that it was a struggle to find time to write the scripts for the initial run".

Laughing out loud

BBC Three's Damian Kavanagh says: "We love Josh and it's a hit with audiences which is why it's coming back to BBC Three. Who doesn't want more Geoff in their life?"

That last sentence makes the whole thing read, "We managed to convince Jack to do another one".

This was awful. Can't see why BBC 3 have commissioned another series. Did it do well in ratings?

I think BBC3 may have given up on ratings?

Quote: 3SOCKSMORGAN @ 19th December 2015, 2:43 PM GMT

This was awful. Can't see why BBC 3 have commissioned another series. Did it do well in ratings?

Because he's a well known stand-up comedian. New writers don't stand a chance.

Episode 6 construction was good

Quote: curtis patrick @ 17th December 2015, 12:47 AM GMT

It's almost as if the BBC don't want any viewers for BBC3!