Peep Show - Series 9 Page 4

There was practically a whole series' worth of amazing lines in that episode.

Quote: zooo @ 25th November 2015, 11:31 PM GMT

There was practically a whole series' worth of amazing lines in that episode.

It was brilliant, wasn't it? I cannot believe that it's the final series :|

:(

Great episode!

Without a shaddow of a doubt, the FUNNIEST episode this series and perhaps for a couple of series.

Just when I thought they'd 'lost it'.

Mark was his old, nerdy and desperate self. Jez was his old selfish self.

Excellent stuff.

I did love it and I loved the bravery.

The whole thing when he met the Tarty from Darty and they did about 5 minutes of shit jokes. But because we know and love the characters and get the underlying relationship it was awesome.

That and it turning out Jez and the boyfriend were actually in love and the girlfriend was the odd one out.

Great episode, I laughed all the way through and the cooking scene is the funniest thing they've done in years. This series has been a real return to form, such a shame it's ending.

Apart from anything else it was a tour de force of David Mitchell's face

His face when Jez was delivering his sermon on the joys of gay sex was funnier than the best setups of most comedies.

That was truly delightful.

Great episode.
Interesting the way the writers played the eye-writing thing, I naturally assumed Mark was going to end up conveying the 'I love you' message to the wrong person, but maybe that was too obvious. I certainly didn't predict eye-shadow!

Laugh a minute, what a hilarious episode
Need to re watch as there were so many bits I'd like to see again.

Brilliant. Mark was on top form.

OK, now I'm wanting another series

I've forgotten better lines from that episode than most shows peak at.

Only Peep Show can build an entire emotionally charged scene around thinking the Ombudsman is a man and only Peep Show could have a cunning plan involving the discussion of Byzantine history.

Quote: enigmatic @ 3rd December 2015, 12:04 AM GMT

only Peep Show could have a cunning plan involving the discussion of Byzantine history.

I'm sure Python could have.

What I like about the show is how unexpectedly things happen. It's as if they start writing a convention sitcom, then near the end decide that's too easy and so sabotage it, finding an alternative resolution to what might have been anticipated.

That was simply amazing. I was in tears the whole way through, especially at the eye shadow entrance.
And bringing April back was a stroke of genius because she is the only girl over the 8 series who is actually perfect for Mark. "She's not comfortable in her skin. She's one of me!!"

Ah brilliant. The side show, freak show at the shit show.... The Corrigan stare. The full Paddington