Supermarkets. Page 2

Quote: keewik @ 26th November 2015, 12:33 AM GMT

In my experience that is a load of shite (I'm not shouting). We've wasted a phenominal amount of money over the years because Mr. K thinks buying certain things will be great, then they end up in the bin.
AND I HATE WASTED FOOD.

And breathe :)

Quote: zooo @ 25th November 2015, 11:36 PM GMT

But sadly they can't pack. Unless you like your eggs and bread to be crushed under multipacks of beer.

Round hairy things - I am much better at shopping than my wife and she agrees. I have my packing system so that fragile things will not get crushed etc., so won't allow the checkout person to pack my goods.

Also, don't drink so cans of beer do not come into the equation.

Well, all generalising is a load of bollocks, goes without saying. It's still fun though.

I'll remind you of this when I say summat all encompassing about women. Laughing out loud

No, I shall remind you that you objected to my generalising!

15 all. New balls please.

Hehe. Balls.

Quote: zooo @ 26th November 2015, 12:41 PM GMT

Hehe. Balls.

Don't squash the plums. Fnarr Fnarr.

Quote: zooo @ 26th November 2015, 12:06 PM GMT

Well, all generalising is a load of bollocks, goes without saying. It's still fun though.

:)

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 26th November 2015, 4:17 PM GMT

Don't squash the plums. Fnarr Fnarr.

The four skin has been peeled back...................

We have two big supermarket chains here. Coles and Woolworths. I use both but prefer Coles. Aldi is starting to get popular- I but the odd thing there but they don't have a big enough vareiety of gf food for me. There is another chain called IGA. There isn't one near me though.

I much prefer UK supermarkets to Australian ones. The variety and quality of pre done stuff like salads is so much better in UK supermarkets. Also cheaper and better value. I also find it easier to get small or individual size of some things. Actually the variety of everything is just better in England.

That is the problem with the likes of Aldi and Lidl.

Quote: reds @ 28th November 2015, 2:21 AM GMT

Also cheaper and better value.

It always surprised me that a few years back, when we were paying 50p a kilo for bananas, the prices were $14 a kilo in Oz...and yet you grow them there!

There must be two supermarket threads ahem, as I clearly remember saying I miss Safeway and Presto. Now I like certain things from all of them: Waitrose is just a much calmer shopping experience, no screaming kids you get in Tesco especially and if there was one near me I'd use it more. On posh nosh they are good BUT overpriced and their bread falls apart after a day.

Sainburys have the pleasant experience and quality food combo nailed imo. They've grabbed the second tier of food shopping behind the clearly higher priced luxury shops M&S and Waitrose.

Lidl just makes me laugh, it's like stepping into a 1970s independent supermarket before the big hypermarket craze started. We had one near us and even then they had a better range than Lidl and someone was always on the till.

Quote: Nogget @ 28th November 2015, 7:08 AM GMT

It always surprised me that a few years back, when we were paying 50p a kilo for bananas, the prices were $14 a kilo in Oz...and yet you grow them there!

Probably when a cyclone went thru the growing area. Lots of the trees were damaged or wiped out.