Supermarkets.

Are they so super? Which do you use? This isn't a marketing survey. But has been inspired by a leaflet that just came through my door from Iceland, where Peter Andre lives.

Their food in this looks really good but I've been fooled by them before. You get the product home, open it up and it's just not what it shows on the picture, by a long shot!

I really like M&S because most of their food is in transparent packets, so you can see what you're getting, no false advertising and it often tastes as good as it looks. But I'm no executive banker and Marks n Sparks is an occasional treat. I get my weekly groceries from Asda delivery. Such a great service and non of the morons to deal with who I'm sure are there soley to piss me off and get in my way.

Morrison's is my topup shop but it's like an OAP apocalyps sometimes.

Tesco for me, where I find excellent value and very good selection. I used to shop there once a week, but then when I had all that hip/sciatica problem I had to go online, which I now use each week and see no reason to go back to the store even though my problems cleared up.

Just done this week's shopping as it happens with their new delivery service of £3 a month for mid-week delivery (Tues - Thurs), which is clearly far better value than the old £3.50 per delivery charge.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th November 2015, 10:58 AM GMT

Tesco for me, where I find excellent value and very good selection.

It must depend on what you're buying. I was in Tesco on Monday, and found most of the things I wanted were much more expensive that in ALDI, up to 80% more in some cases. Of course, ALDI/Lidl don't do a full range, and you might not have them near you.

Tesco for me!
And Waitrose if I'm feeling fancy.
Iceland does one very yummy thing - frozen cinnamon and raisin bread that you bake yourself.

Quote: Nogget @ 25th November 2015, 3:18 PM GMT

It must depend on what you're buying. I was in Tesco on Monday, and found most of the things I wanted were much more expensive that in ALDI, up to 80% more in some cases. Of course, ALDI/Lidl don't do a full range, and you might not have them near you.

We have a couple of both and I have used them, but mainly when they have offers on hardware or IT items, which are always good value and quality; but as you say, their range lets them down and I do like the mega selection available at Tesco.

Having said all that, I have noticed my shopping bill going up of late!! :O

Herc, put your shopping list in this website to see how much you're saving or overspending!

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk

HEB (founded by Howard E. Butt)

https://www.heb.com/

I'm an Aspie so the noise/crowd/lights thing really freaks me out, thus I can only shop after school drop off at approximately 08:54.

The choice is Asda. Cheap and the food is surprisingly good. Asda FM's great too: especially the celebrity birthdays.

Mr TBN does 97% of our grocery shopping.

Morrisons for the background music and the cashier women who are always laughing like it's 1972.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 25th November 2015, 7:16 PM GMT

Mr TBN does 97% of our grocery shopping.

I do 100%, he says smugly. Whistling nnocently

Quote: A Horseradish @ 25th November 2015, 9:17 PM GMT

Morrisons for the background music and the cashier women who are always laughing like it's 1972.

Morrisons is such an *odd* place. The ones near here are foul and the store in 'Da Bay' is dark 'n' scary.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th November 2015, 10:30 PM GMT

I do 100%, he says smugly. Whistling nnocently

I don't wish to come all over all sexist here, but many blokes* are much better at shopping as they're more single minded.

*Not all. No. Please don't shout at me. This opinion is my own and nothing else but my own.

But sadly they can't pack. Unless you like your eggs and bread to be crushed under multipacks of beer.

Quote: zooo @ 25th November 2015, 11:36 PM GMT

But sadly they can't pack. Unless you like your eggs and bread to be crushed under multipacks of beer.

Both Mr TBN and my Dad are great. However, I must stress that they're both rampant metrosexuals with their own set of socket spanners each.

Lidl was my favourite but now Sainsbury's is walking distance I don't go there any more.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 25th November 2015, 11:30 PM GMT

Morrisons is such an *odd* place. The ones near here are foul and the store in 'Da Bay' is dark 'n' scary.

I don't wish to come all over all sexist here, but many blokes* are much better at shopping as they're more single minded.

*Not all. No. Please don't shout at me. This opinion is my own and nothing else but my own.

In my experience that is a load of shite (I'm not shouting). We've wasted a phenominal amount of money over the years because Mr. K thinks buying certain things will be great, then they end up in the bin.
AND I HATE WASTED FOOD.