Peep Show - Series 9 Page 3

Quote: gappy @ 14th November 2015, 7:48 PM GMT

I'm expecting a corker next week, now all the pieces are pack on the board.

I feel vindicated.

Predicting an episode of Peep show is going to be very funny?
Will you do my Tarot cards sometime Gappy? ;)

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 19th November 2015, 8:30 PM GMT

Some of the comments on here keep bringing up the unrealistic tag of Hans getting sloshed on one sip - use your imagination, people! It was clearly a case that from one sip of lager, followed copious amounts of booze and drugs.

My point was that sort of joke wouldn't have been used in earlier series, and I stand by it.

As for episode two, I don't think I've been as surprised at a sitcom as that gay scene. It made for fascinating viewing. It's also not completely out of character, as Mark alluded to in his preparation for the speech.

I thought Dobby was fairly unbearable in the last series, so it was good to see a more toned down version of her in this episode. It was as snappy as ever and made me laugh throughout, which very few sitcoms do nowadays.

I didn't like Mark being hit though, that seemed completely out of place, and again it was a very 'un-Peep Show' thing to happen.

Can't wait for next week's episode already.

Quote: Millsy @ 20th November 2015, 8:17 AM GMT

My point was that sort of joke wouldn't have been used in earlier series, and I stand by it.

I disagree and I can think of one example (for now).

When Hans tried to go clean in Quantocking, he did the exact same thing when going cold Turkey.

What the writers did with the juice to beer gag was quite classic and it worked well. Simple but effective and I thought it was funny.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 20th November 2015, 8:08 AM GMT

Predicting an episode of Peep show is going to be very funny?
Will you do my Tarot cards sometime Gappy? ;)

Yes. And I can tell you precisely what time too. Spooky!

:D

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 20th November 2015, 8:33 AM GMT

I disagree and I can think of one example (for now).

When Hans tried to go clean in Quantocking, he did the exact same thing when going cold Turkey.

At least some time had passed. It wasn't a case of one sip, and next thing he's tied to a bed. But your point is taken.

I'm a massive Peep Show fan , certainly my favourite all time comedy programme. Series 8 seems to come in for a lot of criticism but I still thought it was great.

However series 9 so far is a big disappointment, the first episode was just about average but Wednesday really plumbed the depths.

Dobbie needs to be consigned to history, she started off as a refreshing quirky character and an interesting counterpoint to Mark's neuroses, but now she's just a dull irritant and there's barely any distinction between the character and the mediocre stand up who plays her.

As for Jezz "going gay" this is just absurd and whilst I am fully aware of the history regarding the Orgazoid and his reaction to Sophie's number of partners, the fact is that if he was that easily suggestible then he'd have been basically a gay character all along which of course he wasn't.

Episode 2 was solid if unspectacular. Mark getting beaten up at the end seemed a bit sitcom, and I'm not 100% convinced by Jeremy's going gay. Although I wonder if they're setting up a gay encounter between him and Mark later in the series.

Erk, I hope not.

The man Jez slept with was very cute. He should stick with him.
It would be typical Jeremy to only find himself/realise his sexuality at age 40 (or however old he is).

Although I think he has mentioned having had sex with men before. This is just the first time we've seen it on screen.

Quote: zooo @ 21st November 2015, 11:01 AM GMT

Although I think he has mentioned having had sex with men before. This is just the first time we've seen it on screen.

Oh yeah, his sexuality has always been a bit fuggy. They seemed to just dive straight into the gay thing this episode, which was a shock.

Two episodes in and it's the funniest, laugh out loud comedy I've watched in ages. Prior to PS, I've expected every series which carried on for four plus seasons was more than a bit rubbish, but I'm now woman enough to accept that I'm wrong.

Quote: chipolata @ 21st November 2015, 11:03 AM GMT

Oh yeah, his sexuality has always been a bit fuggy. They seemed to just dive straight into the gay thing this episode, which was a shock.

Yes indeed, Jez has always seemed bi to me. Do you recall his and Nancy's alternative use for Mark's electric toothbrush?

Are you suggesting using a toothbrush is a bisexual/gay thing to do? :O

Quote: zooo @ 21st November 2015, 11:01 AM GMT

Erk, I hope not.

The man Jez slept with was very cute. He should stick with him.
It would be typical Jeremy to only find himself/realise his sexuality at age 40 (or however old he is).

Defo, 'the bad thing' with Super Hans; The Orgazoid's demands and his crush on Big Suze's boyfriend, Stu.

I haven't commented on a sitcom for ages because quite frankly nothing has been made on British TV that is actually funny nowadays except for, you guessed it, Peep Show. Great start to the series, I've had proper laughs at both episodes so far and hope it carries on that way in the final 4. Great stuff.