Too late entry for skit comp- 'food'

OLIVER: Please Sir, can I have a bit less?

FAT MAN: Less boy???!!

OLIVER: Yes Sir, Government Health Guidelines state" the average daily intake of gruel for a saintly orphan waif of my size should not exceed 'tragically inadequate' "-you 've given me a ration that is nearly 'pitifully meagre'...

FAT MAN: Hm... 'Your size' being 'too small to get wedged in the average chimney, but small enough to fit in a pauper's grave, dug by a one-armed gravedigger during a diphtheria epidemic'...

OLIVER: Yes, if I put on any weight my boney fingers won't be able to 'half-inch' a silk handkerchief from a doddery Gent, (-who might, by a series of unlikely coincidences, turn out to be my wealthy Grandfather, I shouldn't wonder)

FAT MAN: Ah yes boy, you are truly a 'striver' not a 'scrounger'- I'll take some of your portion and give it to this loveable cockney urchin.

DODGER: Gawd bless you, Guv'nor and no mistake!

FAT MAN: Go join your gang of highly trained young boys, led by a shadowy, older mentor..

DODGER: ...Sylvia Young?...

OLIVER: Thank you Sir...

FAT MAN: Now, leave my food bank and go trade in your Xbox at CashConverters.

Aboslutely love the beauroctratic concept, but the chav ending lets it down a bit for me. Good stuff, though, would have been in with a chance, I'd say.

Cool. Up my proverbial street.

V good,

Nicely subverts expectations with a lovely 'period' turn of phrase. Then a nice twist placing it as current - could have used a Kids Co punch line?

Cheers guys for positive thoughts Darren

Well written, well done.

Excellent!