Carry On... Page 18

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 11 2012, 5:35 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

I enjoy most of the Carry On films and my favourites are the more saucy slapstick ones, my ultimate favourite is Camping but I also have a soft spot for Emmannuelle from 1978 and Matron as well as Behind. I'm also into the Confessions films of that era. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A FAN OF THE BAWDY BRITISH ROMP. LOL

I liked Matron and Camping and Sergeant. I liked every single one of them.

I liked Abroad and Camping. Can't say I'm keen on other ones.

Just seen Carry On Abroad, is it just me or does Ray Brooks as Georgio look like Simon Pegg in a dark curly wig?

That's never struck me before....

Ray has a blog where he shares his weary cynicism if you're interested. http://www.raybrooksbooks.com/

You can't beat these. You have to love these! They are amazing. If you haven't watched them then please do!

Do you remember the Tadpoles in Carry on Matron? The US version of the Boys' Brigade use that name for their youngest group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Service_Brigade

Quote: G180e @ 29th December 2012, 6:34 PM GMT

I liked Abroad and Camping. Can't say I'm keen on other ones.

"Your daughter was here and she gave me some. It was very nice. That's why I've come back for some more.".

I bet a few of the actors hated performing in these
They are a bit awful aren't they, nostalgia aside?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 13th November 2015, 2:08 AM GMT

I bet a few of the actors hated performing in these
They are a bit awful aren't they, nostalgia aside?

Not in the slightest! Some of the funniest films ever made, certainly in Britain.

Yeah, a fair few of them still stand up very well, before the cast started going through the motions.

Probably up to '..Behind'. Not the same without Sid James.

I loved the films, each film was different and had a different story. I loved every film except Colombus. You won't never see a film series like this again. Sid James was fantastic in the series, with his warm characters and smacking girls up the arse. Another thing is that Kenneth Williams was great, he usually played like a boss character, for example, Julius Cesar in Carry on Cleo and Doctor Kenneth Tinkle in Carry on Doctor. Love the film series, me I think it is a truly remarkable series in every single way.

Apparently, they might be making a carry on film in 2017?

Quote: Wheel @ 12th December 2015, 10:49 AM GMT

Apparently, they might be making a carry on film in 2017?

Just as Julian Clary is re-erecting his career, this should be right up his alley. The one they shelved was "Carry on London" but I hear they're scripting the new one as we speak. Who else could be in it ? Would be fun to have a long suffering disapproving American in there, Ben Stiller maybe ?

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 12th December 2015, 12:23 PM GMT

Just as Julian Clary is re-erecting his career, this should be right up his alley. The one they shelved was "Carry on London" but I hear they're scripting the new one as we speak. Who else could be in it ? Would be fun to have a long suffering disapproving American in there, Ben Stiller maybe ?

Nope it mentioned people, who we haven't seen before. A lot of underused talent.