Show What You Wrote - series 3 Page 7

I didn't. But someone who went was nice enough to tell me how my sketch went.

Jason Manford guest-starred by the way.

Was last night's theme 'the end' or was that tonight. I've got one sketch in but unfortunately I couldn't get up to Manchester...

Would be great to hear more about the show.

"The End" and "Work & Play" were on the 9th. The next recording is on the 17th (won't be going to that one either).

I found this post about SWYW on Chortle today.

Some of the writers are name checked

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2015/11/11/23569/jason_manford_joins_the_show_what_you_wrote

Is Dave Bibby related to the late (I think?) set designer in Red Dwarf, Mel Bibby?

Has anyone heard if their material has made the final recording cut or won't you know until it's actually played.

What's the usual process?

Quote: Rob S @ 12th November 2015, 8:07 PM GMT

Has anyone heard if their material has made the final recording cut or won't you know until it's actually played.

What's the usual process?

Normally BBC open door shows are really good about telling you just before things go out whether by email or publishing a credits list, but they have so much on their plate that it could still be a case of waiting until it goes out. Fortunately, I'm on that Chortle list so fingers crossed it's a definitive one for those they've mentioned...

That's great, thank you and congratulations on yours. I'll keep my fingers crossed and try and dig out my lucky rabbit foot.

Just got the good e-mail for Body & Soul. Are they doing two shows on Tuesday? If so I guess that would also make it a no for Crime & Punishment.

Congrats! Also just got the thumbs up for my Crime and Punishment sketch on Tuesday.

Well done guys!

Just heard my recorded sketch has been cut from the show. Kind of knew it beforehand but still a shame.

Least it was heard, Yacob.

I got an email today saying I made the final edit for the first episode, and they plan to record something of mine next week too.

Fingers crossed.

Well done if you got something recorded, aparently they had 2500 sketches submitted for each episode.

I haven't heard either way yet about mine, probably not a good sign but congratulations to everyone that heard. Really looking forward to the show.

Managed to go along to the show last night - I couldn't believe how packed it was. It was a great night and the actors did a fantastic job. I don't think the buzz of seeing my work performed on stage will ever wear off.