Show What You Wrote - series 3 Page 6

I've not heard anything since the re-write as well. I'm also hoping that no news is good news, but best of luck to everyone who's in.

Quote: Rob0 @ 1st November 2015, 3:52 PM GMT

Was asked for a rewrite for a Crime & Punishment sketch, which I was pretty pleased with. Did anyone who had such a request hear anything further after resubmitting? Not fancying my chances but hoping the silence doesn't mean I screwed up the revisions.

Struggle sometimes to choose which path to take in sketches, so was nice to have some outside input (their ideas were much punchier than mine). So would be up for a sketch swap/may use critique to try and improve the failures.

Well done for those who got/get stuff in. Can't wait to hear it all on the broadcast!

You're over-thinking things regarding the silence.

Can send some sketches my way if you want some feedback.

Oh, and might see you at this meet-up on Dec 3rd, Andy.

I wouldn't worry about not hearing back after a rewrite. I had a couple of rewrite requests last year and didn't hear anything back until they'd decided what they were recording. At least it's not such a long wait this year - the first recording is a week today!

Arse.

Didn't make it.

Well done to those that did.

I got the happy email.

Quote: Pripyat @ 6th November 2015, 3:21 PM GMT

Arse.

Didn't make it.

Well done to those that did.

There's always next time. And unlike you I failed miserably with RFTP series 1 and 2. Actually I've failed miserably with most shows. (I really shouldn't be writing sketches)

Also, as The Carr said, there's a chance your sketches will be used and they just haven't contacted you yet (I don't know the likelihood of that but it's certainly possible).

Anyone going Monday? Be cool if you could report back on how things go.

Speaking of RFTP, I just received a letter saying I'm getting six whole pounds for a Radio 4 Extra repeat fee for a sketch I wrote in RFTP Series 3. Better than nothing.

I was lucky enough to get the good email as well - sorry to hear about those who got the other and fingers crossed for those waiting to hear for next week.

Yacob - I also got a £6 repeat fee. Crazy times.

Quote: The Producer @ 9th November 2015, 11:00 PM GMT

I was lucky enough to get the good email as well - sorry to hear about those who got the other and fingers crossed for those waiting to hear for next week.

Yacob - I also got a £6 repeat fee. Crazy times.

Well done!

How are the repeat fees sent? Cheque or bank transfer? Because if it's a cheque... well, God only knows where that's gone.

Quote: Pripyat @ 10th November 2015, 2:13 PM GMT

Well done!

How are the repeat fees sent? Cheque or bank transfer? Because if it's a cheque... well, God only knows where that's gone.

Payment advice slip sent to the address they have for you (nothing for you to send back)followed by bank transfer so if you haven't changed bank details then presumably you're ok!

Nice one. I'll keep a beady eye out. I changed bank in 2008 but I think this series went out in 2009 didn't it? I'm sure I updated my bank details for series three. Assuming I did, I can excitedly start planning what to spend that tenner on...

Quote: Pripyat @ 10th November 2015, 3:12 PM GMT

Nice one. I'll keep a beady eye out. I changed bank in 2008 but I think this series went out in 2009 didn't it? I'm sure I updated my bank details for series three. Assuming I did, I can excitedly start planning what to spend that tenner on...

I updated my bank details for series 3. I changed to Bank of Mattress...

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 10th November 2015, 5:07 PM GMT

I updated my bank details for series 3. I changed to Bank of Mattress...

I'm happy to accept all BBC payments on behalf the Bank of Mattress (resists joke about keeping them in an off-floor account)

Does anyone know which themes were performed on Monday? I heard 'The End' was one of them, but I'm not sure on the other.

The silence is driving me mad! I've pretty much resigned to the fact I didn't make the cut but I got asked to make a few tweaks, sent in a new draft and have heard nothing since. I presume other people who were asked to rewrite have heard back by now?

Quote: JockieWrites @ 11th November 2015, 12:49 PM GMT

Does anyone know which themes were performed on Monday? I heard 'The End' was one of them, but I'm not sure on the other.

The silence is driving me mad! I've pretty much resigned to the fact I didn't make the cut but I got asked to make a few tweaks, sent in a new draft and have heard nothing since. I presume other people who were asked to rewrite have heard back by now?

The other was Work & Play - hopefully that's the answer you wanted to hear...

Quote: The Producer @ 11th November 2015, 1:33 PM GMT

The other was Work & Play - hopefully that's the answer you wanted to hear...

Yes it was, thank you! There's still a glimmer of hope then...

Did anyone go to see the recording the other day?