Recommendation for audio comedy, please.

HI, I have just finished the latest season of john finnemore's souvenir programme and have a bit of abstinences. Besides Finnemore I have enjoyed Cabin pressure, Son of Cliché and of course Python and Goons. So I think what I'm looking for, is sketch comedy, with a twist toward the more absurd. Can anyone give me some good recommendations?

thank you in advance

Quote: jesper @ 9th November 2015, 4:51 PM GMT

I think what I'm looking for, is sketch comedy, with a twist toward the more absurd.

The Burkiss Way.

oh yes, that is the right style. very funny. thank you.
but please if anybody has more suggestions, I'm grateful for them all.

That Mitchell and Webb Sound

The Absolutely radio show

Trivia Test Match for the tourist?

You might want to try the The Scarifyers from Bafflegab Productions.

Quote: jesper @ 9th November 2015, 4:51 PM GMT

what I'm looking for, is sketch comedy, with a twist toward the more absurd.

You could try Cowards, featuring Tim Key, Tom Basden, etc. It's definitely absurd and surreal, but not wacky, it's very underplayed. Tends to split opinion, I've found.

I quite liked the recent series Jigsaw, which featured micro-sketches.

'Down the Line' is great. My second favourite radio comedy. It's a spoof phone in talk show from some of the Fast Show team.

If you want absurdist, I don't think it gets any better than 'Why Bother?' which is 50 minutes (five 10 minute episodes) of brilliance with Chris Morris (in Day Today/Brasseye mode) interviewing Peter Cook as his long running character Sir Arthur Streeb-Greebling about his life.

The highlight for me is when Sir Arthur talks about his new museum exhibit of multiple mummified copses of the Baby Jesus. He explains that as a child, Jesus used to practice resurrection. I think it's the best thing either one of them has done.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 12th November 2015, 3:31 PM GMT

If you want absurdist, I don't think it gets any better than 'Why Bother?'

Fantastic stuff

Old Harry's game is always good for a laugh. Andy Hamilton as Satan who can't be bothered to do his job and Robert Duncan as his righthand demon Scumspawn who's polite, emotional and not scary in the slightest.

The Consultants if its still available.

Hamish and Dougal - I really didn't see how this would stretch to a series but probably in my top 10 radio programmes if you like silliness.

Some of the Milton Jones programmes are worth a listen although many are just an excuse for his one liners. A couple of the series have a but of a plot which helps.

Masterson Inheritance which veers into the absurd sometimes.

:D Really funny

I quite like Night Vale. It isn't laugh out loud funny, but it is amusing and interesting.

I also love Harmontown, which is a live podcast from Dan Harmon (Creator of Community and Rick and Morty), where he talks in front of a live studio audience about... whatever. It can be really foul mouthed, but if you like it you will absolutely love it.