Henning Wehn Page 3

:D Even though she's a knob.

Quote: zooo @ 25th February 2014, 7:02 PM GMT

Just read my old posts on this thread. I'm such a knob.

For what it's worth the one about him seeming disabled made me laugh out loud, that's often a bad sign though.

Laughing out loud

He's back on R4's 'The Unbelievable Truth'. I still can't bear him, but I also find Sara Pascoe rather irritating.

Messrs Mitchell, Jupp and Langford were great though :)

I like him very refreshing voice!

I am a great fan too.
He is very sharp witted and understated and he takes all the German 'put-downs' with good grace.
They are relentless with them on 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th August 2015, 9:00 AM BST

I am a great fan too.
He is very sharp witted and understated and he takes all the German 'put-downs' with good grace.
They are relentless with them on 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown

I do understand that comedy is rather subjective, but I just find him plain annoying.

I don't find him particularly annoying, but he's not very funny either. He's like a German version of Yakov Smirnoff with marginally less funny jokes and worse delivery.

I've only seen him in panel shows so far. From what I've seen I can say he's sharp witted but his "don't menschen se wor"-shtick gets a bit boring and annoying. Maybe it's not even his own fault, maybe the others treat him as "the cliché German" and he's only reacting to it, nevertheless it's boring me. And yes, his appearance is a bit irritating. He has a strange posture and there's something with his eyes that make him look a bit odd, and not necessarily in a funny way.
Last but not least, I'm Swiss so I'm begrudging every German the success he's probably deserving.

Yeah, I've been a fan of his since I first saw him on FAQ U in like 2005 (if anyone remembers that show...) I'm glad to see him getting more mainstream recognition in recent years. I usually find comedians whose act is based on their nationality/ethnicity pretty tedious, but Henning is an exception.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th September 2010, 11:12 PM BST

I used to hear him on the radio and was convinced he wasn't genuine.

I just thought he was a joke created character but it must be clever to be funny in something other than your native language.

Quote: Boomerang Jones @ 16th September 2010, 12:52 PM BST

This guy is a hilarious German comedian who I saw supporting Stewart Lee back in November. He actually lives in England now and has done for some time but most of his material is about German stereotypes and the relations between England and Germany, i.e. "The English football fans always sing about 'Two world wars and one world cup' but I'm quite a big football fan and as far as I know America has never won the world cup."

Some of his material is very close to the bone, but I laughed out loud at most of it. Anyone else seen him?

I have listened to him a lot on the radio with programmes like The Unbelievable Truth and I agree as he makes me laugh.

I like him.

Did anyone know his first job in the UK was with Wycombe Wanderers?

Quote: A Horseradish @ 11th April 2016, 11:54 PM BST

I like him.

Did anyone know his first job in the UK was with Wycombe Wanderers?

Doing what?

He was great on Have I got News for You this week giving and taking German stereotype jokes.

I especially liked the Dresden reference.

Has anyone said he's like Woody Harrelson with a brain injury yet? Or is that going too far?

I think Germans have a wonderful sense of humour but I see him on the usual panel shows and he never says anything remotely amusing. I should give his stand up a try but I wouldn't be able to stop thinking "poor Woody".