Show What You Wrote - series 3 Page 5

Quote: Nogget @ 23rd October 2015, 8:42 AM BST

It could be one more in addition to the rewrites.

I had not thought of that. I do hope that's the case.

Looks like I didn't get anything in. Just wondering if some kind person could take a very quick look at a couple of my entries and give me an idea where I'm going wrong.

I'll give you some feedback on some of your work as payment. I'm much better at critiquing than I am at writing.

D.M me please.

Another rewrite request this morning. I wasn't expecting that on a Saturday. Plans cancelled!

Well done to others who got the emails!

Did anyone get more than one no-more-work-needed emails? I'm wondering if getting one of those emails means you might have more than one sketch in the running?

Turns out most people I know got a "well done, don't change anything" email.

If they record everything then a lot is going to hit the cutting room floor before broadcast.

Good luck to everyone

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 25th October 2015, 7:28 PM GMT

Don't take it personally. The more creative, the less understood.

heard nothing yet...fingers crossed there's still time!

well done to everyone who has feedback

One thing to add, as there were a couple of 'did I label this script correctly?' posts earlier. The 'rewrite' email contains the lines:

- Please give your script a filename of "[SHOW THEME] - [YOUR NAME] - [Sketch title]" - so, "THE END - CARL COOPER - ANGRY BREAKUP". (Even at this stage we're having to drop sketches because it'll take too long to work out who wrote them.)

So yep, there's some people out there whose sketches WOULD have been in the show... if only they'd given them the correct filename. Turns out that is kind of important.

Since I've heard nothing yet should I assume it's game over?

Quote: andyblacksheep @ 26th October 2015, 3:54 PM GMT

One thing to add, as there were a couple of 'did I label this script correctly?' posts earlier. The 'rewrite' email contains the lines:

- Please give your script a filename of "[SHOW THEME] - [YOUR NAME] - [Sketch title]" - so, "THE END - CARL COOPER - ANGRY BREAKUP". (Even at this stage we're having to drop sketches because it'll take too long to work out who wrote them.)

So yep, there's some people out there whose sketches WOULD have been in the show... if only they'd given them the correct filename. Turns out that is kind of important.

I didn't include show themes in my file names and some of my sketches still went through (though I did include all needed info in my sketch headers). The original instructions on file names were oh-so-slightly unclear.

Will title my rewrite [SHOW THEME] - [YOUR NAME] - [Sketch title].

Oh, and we've met in real life Andy. Hello!

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 25th October 2015, 7:28 PM GMT

If they record everything then a lot is going to hit the cutting room floor before broadcast.

Good luck to everyone

Interesting. Are you part of a big group of sketch writers / stand-ups? Odd that you'd know so many otherwise.

Quote: Dodoa64 @ 26th October 2015, 4:35 PM GMT

Since I've heard nothing yet should I assume it's game over?

Assume nothing.

For the last series I heard nothing at all until right at the tenth hour I got the "sorry you didn't make it to the final edit" e-mail. I replied and said "thats okay, but no one said I had anything in the recording"

The apologised and explained I had slipped through the net. Though I got edited out of that series there is every chance it could happen again and be kept in

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 26th October 2015, 4:56 PM GMT

Interesting. Are you part of a big group of sketch writers / stand-ups? Odd that you'd know so many otherwise.

No I am not. But I know quite a few people who have tried to write for this series having met them at writers workshops and things like that. But I don't want to sound like I have massive insider knowledge - because I don't.

Thanks TheKing..., it's always good to have some hope to hold onto. then again it's the hope that kills you:-)

Was asked for a rewrite for a Crime & Punishment sketch, which I was pretty pleased with. Did anyone who had such a request hear anything further after resubmitting? Not fancying my chances but hoping the silence doesn't mean I screwed up the revisions.

Struggle sometimes to choose which path to take in sketches, so was nice to have some outside input (their ideas were much punchier than mine). So would be up for a sketch swap/may use critique to try and improve the failures.

Well done for those who got/get stuff in. Can't wait to hear it all on the broadcast!

We resubmitted an edited script and haven't heard anything either way also.

And hello Yacob!