Dave Gorman - Modern Life Is Goodish Page 2

Hurrah, it's back. Dave Gorman favourited my tweet about it too. So happy :)

He's a love isn't he? :)

It's a really cleverly put together show, I'm glad Dave have picked up another two series after this one.

I am leaking tears of laughter at tonight's episode. Such brilliance, this is *my* kind of comedy.

And on that bombshell, I'm off to bed.

I think Mr Gorman has invented a new pass time, jigsaw mash-up.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 13th October 2015, 11:10 PM BST

I think Mr Gorman has invented a new pass time, jigsaw mash-up.

It's was great wasn't it? The upside down dog (which sounds uncannily like a yoga position) was my personal favourite. We also had the board game Mastermind and its Super upgrade at home as my Mum enjoys playing it.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 14th October 2015, 8:25 AM BST

It's was great wasn't it? The upside down dog (which sounds uncannily like a yoga position) was my personal favourite. We also had the board game Mastermind and its Super upgrade at home as my Mum enjoys playing it.

I'm surprised he didn't mention the video nasty film 'Delirium'. It uses the Mastermind Theme.

Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHU9dM6U4Rw

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 14th October 2015, 11:44 PM BST

I'm surprised he didn't mention the video nasty film 'Delirium'. It uses the Mastermind Theme.

Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHU9dM6U4Rw

You wouldn't have thought of Magnus Magnusson serving in 'Nam would you? Mind you, it's always the quiet ones isn't it?

I must admit, the older I get, the more I prefer the 'comedy lecture' format.

Sob, the series has just ended. This is still one of the highlights of my week.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 28th October 2015, 8:26 PM GMT

Sob, the series has just ended. This is still one of the highlights of my week.

Bit of a weak finish to a pretty strong series. I assume As Yet Untitled will be replacing it next week, which is just as good.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 29th October 2015, 12:14 AM GMT

Bit of a weak finish to a pretty strong series. I assume As Yet Untitled will be replacing it next week, which is just as good.

Ooh, I like that too.

I regularly complete YouGov surveys but always select 'prefer not to answer' in regard to their political questions. I did find it amusing that fans of Little Mix were quite so right wing though.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 29th October 2015, 2:49 PM GMT

Ooh, I like that too.

I regularly complete YouGov surveys but always select 'prefer not to answer' in regard to their political questions. I did find it amusing that fans of Little Mix were quite so right wing though.

Without trying to be insulting, I would have thought your average Little Mix fan has probably never even thought about politics and doesn't know what 'left wing' or 'right wing' actually refers to.

On a side note, when I first heard there was a band called Little Mix, all I could picture was an Irish boy band comprised exclusively of dwarfs.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 29th October 2015, 11:25 PM GMT

Without trying to be insulting, I would have thought your average Little Mix fan has probably never even thought about politics and doesn't know what 'left wing' or 'right wing' actually refers to.

On a side note, when I first heard there was a band called Little Mix, all I could picture was an Irish boy band comprised exclusively of dwarfs.

Oh, I dunno. I reckon everyone who likes talent shows and bubblegum pop tends to tune into R4's daily Westminster round up?

I'm loving the 'Little Mix' material :)

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 29th October 2015, 11:30 PM GMT

I'm loving the 'Little Mix' material :)

Funny you should say that. (clears throat and taps microphone) I bought the Barbie-like Little Mix toys. I put the Perrie figure in the Jesy box, the Jesy figure in the Jade box, the Jade figure in the Leigh-Anne box and the Leigh-Anne figure in the Perrie box.

I call it a Little Dolly Mix.

Thank you, thank you very much. I'm here all week.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 29th October 2015, 11:43 PM GMT

Funny you should say that. (clears throat and taps microphone) I bought the Barbie-like Little Mix toys. I put the Perrie figure in the Jesy box, the Jesy figure in the Jade box, the Jade figure in the Leigh-Anne box and the Leigh-Anne figure in the Perrie box.

I call it a Little Dolly Mix.

Thank you, thank you very much. I'm here all week.

"And thanking you, Mr Douglas Righton."

I love the 'Found Poems', as clearly does Gorman himself as he often corpses during his rendition. Why oh why is someone else reading out silly Internet twaddle as funny as it is? I suppose we'll qv with Bug?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 30th October 2015, 1:44 AM GMT

"And thanking you, Mr Douglas Righton."

I love the 'Found Poems', as clearly does Gorman himself as he often corpses during his rendition. Why oh why is someone else reading out silly Internet twaddle as funny as it is? I suppose we'll qv with Bug?

There's a part of me that hopes Mr Gorman reads these forums and that I will one day post something stupid enough to be quoted in one of his found poems.