Wannabe stand-ups in South Wales

Hi to all wannabe stand up comedians in South Wales!
Are you finding it difficult to find gigs in this area like myself?
I am wanting to get a group together to perhaps support each other or maybe put on a night/club ourselves?
Let me know on here if you're interested.

Jamie

Hi Jamie, I'm in the Forest of Dean half the time, so South Wales very easy for me while I'm there. Bristol has a lot going on too, if you can travel or share driving, the Snug and The Crofters Rights, both in Stokes Crofters are doing new Act/ material nights ... Cheers Darren

Hi Darren

Thanks for the info, I'll have to look that up online and test out some material. I was thinking about looking at Bristol, I've heard there is some sort of variety open spots at the Fringe. I only know of one night in Cardiff, but that only seems to be monthly.

Thanks,

Jamie

I've just noticed as well actually, that the comedy school are running classes next year in Bristol? I don't really know what comedian's opinions of these are?

I think most comedians are pro getting as many gigs as possible. So the practice is probably the best thing to come out of such courses, rather than a qualification.

I did the London Comedy School course this spring, I think the best thing to come out of it was meeting other people interested in the same stuff and the social and networking benefits. A group putting on a regular new act/ material night in South Wales would be great.