My emoticon choice makes me seem angry

Hi everybody,

I'm not really angry, I'm actually quite happy.

Here's my introduction. As I'm a busy, ambitious comedy writer, I don't have time to write a fresh one, so here's the one from my profile. I'm posting this at 2am, which used to be 3am. Weird.

Edit: I just wanted to add, that I don't have a profile picture right now, because I still need to email one, but I am an incredibly beautiful and attractive woman.

~~~~~

Jo is a 'just starting out' comedy writer, from the South West, England.

I write with a strong focus on story and characterisation, balanced alongside witty, off-beat or just plain silly humour. I have a particular fondness for visual humour, subtle wordplay and random gags. My overall story is my biggest strength.

I enjoy writing for fantasy and (loosely) historical comedy genres, especially. I have always enjoyed sitcoms which are bright, playfully irreverent, surreal, free from extreme vulgarity (sex, swearing, drugs etc.) and sitcoms which could be simply be described as "good, wacky fun".

Comedy inspirations include; Father Ted, Black Adder, The League of Gentlemen, The IT Crowd, Monty Python, Yonderland and Horrible Histories.

I love writing madcap worlds with brilliant stories and delightfully idiotic characters.

Welcome :)

"I love writing madcap worlds with brilliant stories and delightfully idiotic characters." a la Milligan?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th October 2015, 8:19 AM GMT

"I love writing madcap worlds with brilliant stories and delightfully idiotic characters." a la Milligan?

Welcome to the crazy world of the BCG.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 25th October 2015, 2:15 PM GMT

Welcome to the crazy world of the BCG.

Yes welcome! Wave

Thanks for the welcomes! I just realised the topic header emoticon I selected didn't display next to the topic - so that header didn't really make any sense :-D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th October 2015, 8:19 AM GMT

Not really - mainly because I can't do "toffee-nosed" comedy.

G'day and welcome.

Strumpet