Show What You Wrote - series 3 Page 4

Quote: The Carr @ 22nd October 2015, 9:22 AM BST

Just had another e-mail that something I wrote is being considered without the need for a rewrite - so it doesn't look like the fat lady has sung just yet on submissions.

Get in! Good stuff.

Quote: The Carr @ 22nd October 2015, 9:22 AM BST

Just had another e-mail that something I wrote is being considered without the need for a rewrite

Ditto.

If I go to a recording (not sure if I am yet) it'd be nice to meet up with other writers.

We can bitch about things. Hurrah!

Congrats the Carr and Yacob!

Thanks Bonzo. My jaw almost hit the floor when I read the email! But then I was lying down on my front...

Congratulations to all getting the various degrees of good e-mail! I really like the different layers of response from TSWYW - chance to do a rewrite and very good as it stands. Often a problem with open sub shows is lack of feedback but they're really trying to involve as many writers as possible.

Of course I'd like it a lot more if I'd got either e-mail...

Incidentally, has anybody received a ticket for the 17th yet? I'm wondering whether they're released on staggered basis a set number of days prior to the event or I've just been unlucky.

I got the "No need to rewrite" email as well. Good to see a lot of BCG success so far.

As always, really impressed with the comms from SWYW, especially given the very tight turnaround they have this year.

Quote: The Producer @ 22nd October 2015, 1:05 PM BST

I got the "No need to rewrite" email as well. Good to see a lot of BCG success so far.

As always, really impressed with the comms from SWYW, especially given the very tight turnaround they have this year.

Congratulations! But now I'm starting to feel definitely in the minority....

Quote: Bonzo @ 22nd October 2015, 2:35 PM BST

I don't think you're in the minority.

I suck at Newsjack if that makes a difference.

Just logged in to say 'hurrah! I got the re-write email!' and generally be very jolly, but now I see everyone's got a follow-up 'no re-write needed!' mail, which I don't have so I HATE YOU ALL by which I mean, well done all!

And like Sir Wingnut - I have also got nowhere near getting anything on Newsjack, ever, so even being asked for a re-write for SWYW represents stunning success for me these days. You Newsjack regulars make me sick. I mean, er, proud.

Thanks Yacob and Pripyat! :)

Months ago I was talking to someone who's written for at least thirty shows (Mitchell & Webb was one of them). He's tried with Newsjack and has had no luck with it either.

That's Newsjack though. If you've had no luck with SWYW you should give up on everything and cry.

Quote: Bonzo @ 22nd October 2015, 2:35 PM BST

Thanks and given the number of sketches sent in, you are most definitely in the majority. The biggest minority must be people who do consistently well at both Newsjack and SWYW!

I received two rewrite requests for sketches. One for the 'work and play' episode and another for 'the end' episode.

I made the changes fairly quickly, and sent it back to them and got an e-mail saying something I wrote is being considered for the recording.

I don't know if that means they are using both sketches, or just one.

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 23rd October 2015, 8:07 AM BST

I made the changes fairly quickly, and sent it back to them and got an e-mail saying something I wrote is being considered for the recording.

I don't know if that means they are using both sketches, or just one.

It could be one more in addition to the rewrites.