The Show What You Wrote - series 2 Page 17

Quote: Judgement Dave @ 6th October 2014, 7:30 PM BST

I'm still waiting for the one saying they're using something I wrote.

What JD said.

Anyone know if/when this TSWYW is coming back?

Quote: IlDustino @ 3rd July 2015, 11:55 PM BST

Anyone know if/when this TSWYW is coming back?

They have commissioned series 3, but not announced when it will be yet.

Quote: Bonzo @ 4th July 2015, 1:38 AM BST

They have commissioned series 3, but not announced when it will be yet.

Thanks Bonzo :)

I got an email many months ago saying they were asking people who had written previously for it to send in one sketch. They said they were going to possibly base the themes on the sketches they got that they liked and then ask for submissions on those themes. I have not heard anything back since then and it must have been 6 months ago. So who knows when or if it will come back!

This doesn't sound promising. I suppose you get less dross that way, but still. Get people to use snail mail, I think that's the ultimate fix.

Could you post a copy of this email, Rexer?

Hi

I wouldn't post the whole email unless I got the senders permission but I've just looked at it for the first time since I got it and it says two key things that I clearly forgot!

First it says series 3 has been commissioned and secondly that it will go out later in the year.

So I hope that helps clarify things a bit.

Get the sender's permission? You do know that the BBC rarely ever respond to their emails?

Thanks anyway.

I have completed 4 sketches for Science and Nature. But I don't know how much time I can take to make a sketch. It is a way to make a career for those who want make money at home.

I don't think you can make a career of writing just to Newsjack and SWYW.

Welcome to the site, Willoved.

Quote: Willoved2 Willoved2 @ 20th October 2015, 7:41 AM BST

I have completed 4 sketches for Science and Nature. But I don't know how much time I can take to make a sketch. It is a way to make a career for those who want make money at home.

Welcome Willoved2. Just to check you're not writing Science and Nature for this series of TSWYW are you? That was last year's series. You can find out more about this year's one over on: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/32257/2/

I've had a "we're happy to say" e-mail...anyone else?

Congratulations Nogget!
Just to say this is the old series 2 thread so best to stick this on the series 3 thread.

(Then we can all stare at you enviously there.)

Quote: Nogget @ 20th October 2015, 2:32 PM BST

I've had a "we're happy to say" e-mail...anyone else?

Congrats Nogget! Which categories?
:)

Quote: StephenM @ 20th October 2015, 2:35 PM BST

Congratulations Nogget!
Just to say .../

Thanks Stephen, I'll pop over to the other thread.