Sam Bain

I was listening to the comedy writer Sam Bain being interviewed by Diane Morgan on Radio 4Extra. The show ended suddenly (thanks BBC Radio Player!), but not before Bain stated that his grandmother had starred in Fawlty Towers. I looked him up on Wikipedia and lo and behold, she did, his father was TV Director Bill Bain and best of all, his mother, Rosemary Frankau was Beattie in 80s classic, Terry and June.

Well I never!

And of course Frankau is a comedy name with pedigree.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th October 2015, 8:43 PM BST

And of course Frankau is a comedy name with pedigree.

It is indeed, Nicholas played one of the British Airmen in Allo Allo.

I hadn't realised that he was Miss Gatsby's grandson either. Perhaps The Major had been a naughty boy when younger?

On a slightly unrelated note... bah, who am I kidding? On an almost completely unrelated note, I Googled him (I knew who he was, it's just something I do when I bored), and found out just now that Bad Sugar was abandoned and never made it to series. I remembered how much I was looking forward to that one. :(

P.S. What's with the auto-capitalization of the word Google? Have they bought out BCG? :P

Quote: Agnostik @ 14th October 2015, 11:20 PM BST

On a slightly unrelated note... bah, who am I kidding? On an almost completely unrelated note, I Googled him (I knew who he was, it's just something I do when I bored), and found out just now that Bad Sugar was abandoned and never made it to series. I remembered how much I was looking forward to that one. :(

P.S. What's with the auto-capitalization of the word Google? Have they bought out BCG? :P

Bad Sugar was excellent: such a shame. Maybe it was too offbeat and anarchic even for C4?

Quote: Agnostik @ 14th October 2015, 11:20 PM BST

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001206/bad_sugar_series_cancelled_channel_4_confirm/

Yep, I missed that somehow.