Medical Thread Page 3

What bugger for you!

My young friend was an example for all of us. He lived life to the full. Sometimes I wondered if he was drinking too much but I reckoned maybe he'd been told he wouldn't live to be an old man.

In other news ... I had the flu injection on Saturday and have felt like shit ever since. Some years I've felt slightly off for a couple of days, but this year takes the biscuit. Keep worrying I'm dying of some terrible malignancy.

Quote: keewik @ 14th October 2015, 8:46 PM BST

In other news ... I had the flu injection on Saturday and have felt like shit ever since. Some years I've felt slightly off for a couple of days, but this year takes the biscuit. Keep worrying I'm dying of some terrible malignancy.

Have resisted having that from day one.........hope I don't regret it this year. :(

Alas, My heart is strong> : yet it dwells amongst ruins....

Alas, My heart is strong> : yet it dwells amongst ruins....

Angry My God the real cancer is evil, Ive lived through it, and it is stilln in my life?... this time partner, no hope for him, no body knows how hard it is.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th October 2015, 10:17 PM BST

Have resisted having that from day one.........hope I don't regret it this year. :(

Why have you resisted?

Quote: dellas @ 15th October 2015, 8:46 AM BST

Angry My God the real cancer is evil, Ive lived through it, and it is stilln in my life?... this time partner, no hope for him, no body knows how hard it is.

Sorry to hear that. It truly is evil. The knock on effect on those affected is sometimes overlooked and they need support too.
:(

Quote: Loopey @ 15th October 2015, 9:04 AM BST

Why have you resisted?

Never been a great believer in vaccinations and so prefer to take my chances. Also don't want to feel crap for a week as I have my wife to look after and that is enough challenge as it is.
As it happens I was speaking to her about it only this morning and she also doesn't want me to have one.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th October 2015, 9:54 AM BST

Never been a great believer in vaccinations and so prefer to take my chances. Also don't want to feel crap for a week as I have my wife to look after and that is enough challenge as it is.
As it happens I was speaking to her about it only this morning and she also doesn't want me to have one.

That's an interesting view. I've had the flu jab for many years & also had the pneumonia one. I suffered a sore and stiff arm for a few days once and felt I had a bit of a cold and achey body for a few days with another. My Carers have them because if they got flu I would be stuffed. Have you considered help with caring for your wife? It's a tough job being a lone Carer.

Quote: Loopey @ 15th October 2015, 11:27 AM BST

That's an interesting view. I've had the flu jab for many years & also had the pneumonia one. I suffered a sore and stiff arm for a few days once and felt I had a bit of a cold and achey body for a few days with another. My Carers have them because if they got flu I would be stuffed. Have you considered help with caring for your wife? It's a tough job being a lone Carer.

Oh, I do have help. We have a carer come in the morning to take care of her personal washing etc.and empty the commode (something I simply cannot do! Sick ) and in the afternoon to empty the commode again, otherwise I do everything else which is enough. Unimpressed

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th October 2015, 11:45 AM BST

Oh, I do have help. We have a carer come in the morning to take care of her personal washing etc.and empty the commode (something I simply cannot do! Sick ) and in the afternoon to empty the commode again, otherwise I do everything else which is enough. Unimpressed

I'm sure it is. The contribution Family Carers make to society and the money they save the government is not sufficiently recognised or recompensed in my opinion and the few support services that have been available for Carers are being cut all the time.

Our carers are paid peanuts with no expenses for petrol. It's a disgrace. Angry

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th October 2015, 12:24 PM BST

Our carers are paid peanuts with no expenses for petrol. It's a disgrace. Angry

Sadly I think that seems to be the case with with that job wherever you are. I don't think anyone works in community services for the money.

Loopey is going to get some bespoke orthotics. Ooer missus!

Hope it goes well for you. :)

I'm not sure if that's shoes or teeth, but I'm gonna go with shoes.

You nearly put your foot in your mouth.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th November 2015, 10:35 PM GMT

Hope it goes well for you. :)

Thank you. It won't be for a while, I only got referred yesterday.

Quote: zooo @ 10th November 2015, 10:37 PM GMT

I'm not sure if that's shoes or teeth, but I'm gonna go with shoes.

Quote: Lee @ 10th November 2015, 10:51 PM GMT

You nearly put your foot in your mouth.

Let's just say there may be a new series of The Bionic Woman later this year.