Good Morning/Hello Page 17

Quote: dellas @ 5th October 2015, 7:15 AM BST

OOH, how fab others are up!! Great idea grypt, well don't kip well with me bad legs.

Might grab a weetabix now, good morning friends!! :D

:O You too!? Yes, might right leg was giving me gip again. :(

Quote: Strumpet @ 5th October 2015, 7:52 AM BST

Good morning Dellas.
Sorry I missed you Herc

Strumpet

Never mind Lady S - good morning! :D 'Spect you're in bed now. :)

I have a few more hours before bed time Hercy, Just deciding what to have for tea tonight.

Strumpet

Summat on the Barbie ain't it? Traditional?

Yes, we had steak and roasties.

Good morning to anyone up and about.
Strumpet

Good Morning Lady S, just missed you this time - bloody leg giving me bad gip, and I thought it was getting better. :(

Good morning all. I hope your leg feels better soon HGT.

Thank you TBN :) Have to wait till the end of the month though to see a physio. :(

Crap legs and hip. Oh will I need more medication for my holiday?whatdo other chums do!..

Quote: dellas @ 10th October 2015, 7:19 AM BST

Crap legs and hip. Oh will I need more medication for my holiday?whatdo other chums do!..

My sympathy dellas, as my leg is playing up this morning - have good days, then bad days. Just taking pain killers but don't know that they are that effective - maybe I'll try one day without and see what happens.

What medication are you on? Will your doctor not recommend a hip operation?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th October 2015, 9:57 AM BST

my leg is playing up this morning - have good days, then bad days.

Ditto :(

Good morning Lady S - I see you are logged on. :)

My goodness my PC is very fast at this time of morning!

HI Grypt, I have been given co-codamol, good pain relief, but then need to take dose of anti constipation pills!- crap ![hopefully],
My hips are perfect all day, just in bed the creeping irritant begins? Huh?

Quote: dellas @ 13th October 2015, 4:33 AM BST

HI Grypt, I have been given co-codamol, good pain relief, but then need to take dose of anti constipation pills!- crap ![hopefully],
My hips are perfect all day, just in bed the creeping irritant begins? Huh?

When it got bad I went to see a GP in emergency and she gave me Codamol, but apart from the constipation (>_< !) they didn't seem to make much difference so a week later saw my regular doctor and he put me on Gabapentin (Trade name Neurontin - he said they numb the nerve ends?) which seemed to be a bit better but certainly not 100%.
It's been a long haul but overall it is now not as bad as it was one/two months ago, thank heavens!

As far as the constipation with codamol is concerned, if you want a natural remedy I suggest dried prunes or pear juice - I also have a tin of prunes at the weekend. Can also highly recommend Senokot - worked wonders for me!

And oddly enough, at the moment I am having the complete opposite to constipation! Dunno what has brought that on...........

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th October 2015, 11:19 AM BST

And oddly enough, at the moment I am having the complete opposite to constipation! Dunno what has brought that on...........

Peel and grate an apple. Let it brown a bit before eating. It's supposed to help.

Quote: reds @ 13th October 2015, 12:03 PM BST

Peel and grate an apple. Let it brown a bit before eating. It's supposed to help.

Thank you, will give it a try..........now I must off to the bog (again - I'm not joking!) :$