Del Boy's Autobiography

Is this official?

See Amazon product listing

Of course it's pukka my son. Typed on an original Elizabeth I typewriter.

'Dave' - did you write the review detailed on the link you shared? Are you the mysterious 'Amazon Customer'?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 12th October 2015, 10:33 PM BST

'Dave' - did you write the review detailed on the link you shared? Are you the mysterious 'Amazon Customer'?

No. I haven't read the book and I'm a little skeptical about it. I'm reminded of those two awful tie-ins 'The Trotter Way to Romance' and 'The Trotter Way to Millions which came out in the early '90s.

unfortunately the person who should have written this is no longer with us. It can't fulfil what it should be doing

It's very expensive for a kindle book.

Quote: Davey Jay @ 13th October 2015, 12:17 AM BST

unfortunately the person who should have written this is no longer with us.

Del Boy dead? Teary

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 13th October 2015, 12:57 PM BST

Del Boy dead? Teary

Tragic isn't it? I hope that he's interred in the Trotter Family Plot so that Racquel, Damien and Mickey Pearce can pay their respects to their departed partner/father/mentor?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 13th October 2015, 1:05 PM BST

Tragic isn't it? I hope that he's interred in the Trotter Family Plot so that Racquel, Damien and Mickey Pearce can pay their respects to their departed partner/father/mentor?

Mickey Pearce would nick the headstone.

Would John Sullivan be good at writing a fake autobiography anyway, being a scriptwriter? Just sying.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 13th October 2015, 2:30 PM BST

Mickey Pearce would nick the headstone.

He just might. I reckon he'd at least place a trilby hat on it if left in situ, failing that, he'd use it to build a large sunken bath and install it in one of the chichi townhouses which dominate the Peckham Rye Conservation Zone.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 13th October 2015, 4:29 PM BST

Would John Sullivan be good at writing a fake autobiography anyway, being a scriptwriter? Just sying.

Good point, he may not have been able to. I guess that we'll never know now. I have a novelisation of the first series of OFITG written by David Renwick and it's pretty good.

Quote: Dave @ 12th October 2015, 11:33 PM BST

No. I haven't read the book and I'm a little skeptical about it.

So am I. But if it's well written and not just a sell out of the "brand" OFAH then I might get persuaded to order this (ordering from the UK isn't very cheap). But I need more information about it, maybe more user/buyer commentaries.

Quote: Dave @ 12th October 2015, 8:44 PM BST

Is this official?

See Amazon product listing

Yes. We reported on it months ago: https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/del_boy_autobiography/

I believe we've got some excerpts and feature content coming up from Del in the next couple of weeks, too.

Yes, I knew it was happening, I just didn't know if it was official.

By the way, in the press release, 'Damien' said that Trigger can't read. Well, that's wrong, for a start. In 'Modern Men', Trigger said he walked into a Mind Your Head sign as a schoolboy. "Of course I saw it," he said. "But in those days I couldn't read!" Implication being, he can't now. Doesn't bode well. Rock & Chips undermined Trigger's intellect too.