What is your favourite song and why? Page 2

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 8th October 2015, 8:55 AM BST

"A day in my the life" by the Beatles

Mine too. :)

Thank you for your assistance - you will receive shout outs in both heaven AND Peterborough FM :)

"A day in my life" by the Beatles as it's so floaty light and relaxing. Or "Norwegian Wood" if you must.

Or I'll second the Blue Nun's "Left To My Own Devices" and up the bidding to "Go West" in that it's uplifting. I first heard this when working in an Eastern country that blocked most western music. But this was such a massive hit in the region, it seeped through. Which played to the irony of some of the Pet Shop Boy's lyrics.

Excellent choices! Nerd fact: The PSBs added a bridge/middle eight to The Village People's original version.

"A day in my life" by the Beatles as it's so floaty light and relaxing. Or "Norwegian Wood" if you must.

Do you mean "A Day in the Life" or "In My LiFe"?

Quote: George Kaplan @ 8th October 2015, 1:00 PM BST

And you?

I'm guessing you mean "In My Life" which I do love actually.

I'm guessing it's 'A Day In The Life'....we need to know Nick!!

Too many fav Beatles songs to pick but Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, both the Life ones and Yesterday come to mind first.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 8th October 2015, 1:00 PM BST

You are clearly a man of great taste, and you can also read dyslexia script. I bet you can even understand Cheryle Cole (dyslexia script for Cheryl Fernandez-Versini-Cowell). :)

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 8th October 2015, 7:08 PM BST

I'm guessing it's 'A Day In The Life'....

Spot on. "4,000 holes in Blackburn", this still worries me.

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 9th October 2015, 7:30 AM BST

You are clearly a man of great taste, and you can also read dyslexia script. I bet you can even understand Cheryle Cole (dyslexia script for Cheryl Fernandez-Versini-Cowell). :)

You'll have to excuse Mr. Pedant (Chappers) - was obvious to me when you said it was "floaty light and relaxing" and yes, good choice. :)

But then The Beatles can do no wrong in my eyes/ears. Love everything they have ever done. Cool

One of my favourites is:

Strawberry Fields Forever.

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 9th October 2015, 7:30 AM BST

I know The Beatles were ahead of their time but predicting the sinkhole phenomenon 40 years early, wow.

My favourite songs change all the time because once you've heard a new song that you like on the radio or on TV about 30 times it loses it's appeal.

That's why the songs I really like are all from a while back.

Twist and Shout always cheers me up, even including the Salt N Pepa and the Chaka Demus & Pliers versions.

I Need You - Sheron Ivy (obscure doo-wop, 'cause I love doo-wop)

and I'll Get You - Beatles (recently lost my much loved Dad, who used to play this all the time)