The non-cliquey pop music thread. Page 4

I've never had a Paul McCartney album - not counting Band on the Run because it's Wings - but I recently looked up compilations and saw Wingspan. I managed to get it on CD in a charity shop for £1.99. Looking forward to My Love and stuff like that.

Quote: Chappers @ 4th October 2015, 9:24 PM BST

I've never had a Paul McCartney album - not counting Band on the Run because it's Wings - but I recently looked up compilations and saw Wingspan. I managed to get it on CD in a charity shop for £1.99. Looking forward to My Love and stuff like that.

Great compilation. The big hits on the first disc, the lesser known gems on the second. I have found it in a bargain bin for 5 Swiss francs 10 years ago. Bought many of his solo albums since then thanks to this great introduction.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 4th October 2015, 9:36 PM BST

Great compilation. The big hits on the first disc, the lesser known gems on the second. I have found it in a bargain bin for 5 Swiss francs 10 years ago. Bought many of his solo albums since then thanks to this great introduction.

I like the thought that Jane Asher donated that particular CD to that particular charity shop.

I am watching the BBC4 documentary about Indie music at the moment.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 4th October 2015, 10:07 PM BST

I like the thought that Jane Asher donated that particular CD to that particular charity shop.

I am watching the BBC4 documentary about Indie music at the moment.

Nice.

Sultans of Ping FC - Where's Me Jumper - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxmZZBJQAKM

Love this album which has some great tracks on it and bounces along nicely with backing from George, Elton and Co.

Title track is great with special mention for Snookeroo and Back Off Boogaloo.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th October 2015, 4:20 PM BST

Love this album which has some great tracks on it and bounces along nicely with backing from George, Elton and Co.

Title track is great with special mention for Snookeroo and Back Off Boogaloo.

Nice one. But this belongs in the snobby rock music thread, if you ask me. Same goes for Blue Nun's Talking Heads post.

I thought this thread here is for stuff like Robbie Williams, Shakira, Michael Buble....and U2.

P.S. Is Ringo greeting Hitler on the album cover? :O

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 7th October 2015, 6:56 PM BST

Nice one. But this belongs in the snobby rock music thread,

Well it's hardly Motorhead >_< :D

P.S. Is Ringo greeting Hitler on the album cover? :O

And he was replicating the Michael Rennie film "The Day the Earth Stood Still"

Quite good I thought. :)

I really hate Ringo's voice so I can't listen to his stuff and would never dream of buying any. Just skip through the Beatles songs he sings - apart from maybe Boys.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th October 2015, 11:31 PM BST

I really hate Ringo's voice so I can't listen to his stuff and would never dream of buying any. Just skip through the Beatles songs he sings - apart from maybe Boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTQOeejWswg

What ever happened to Sigue Sigue Sputnik ? That was back in the day when putting a fishnet stocking on your head counted as a new fashion movement. Lady Ga Ga owes a lot to Mr Sigue Sigue.

And Mr Thomas the Tank engine was also in a band. Ringo certainly gets around.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 4th October 2015, 9:36 PM BST

If either of you (or indeed anybody else!) enjoys Wingspan but doesn't have 'Wings Over America' - GET IT! Almost every track is vastly superior to the studio recordings. :)

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 8th October 2015, 2:20 PM BST

What ever happened to Sigue Sigue Sputnik ? That was back in the day when putting a fishnet stocking on your head counted as a new fashion movement. Lady Ga Ga owes a lot to Mr Sigue Sigue.

And Mr Thomas the Tank engine was also in a band. Ringo certainly gets around.

This belongs in the Rock/Pop thread. That's where us boring musos discuss things and all the others completely ignore the thread. This is for shit like Take That.

Quote: radiat10n @ 8th October 2015, 2:24 PM BST

If either of you (or indeed anybody else!) enjoys Wingspan but doesn't have 'Wings Over America' - GET IT! Almost every track is vastly superior to the studio recordings. :)

I do like live albums so will maybe dig it out although I do have "Paul is Live".

Quote: Chappers @ 8th October 2015, 5:34 PM BST

This belongs in the Rock/Pop thread. That's where us boring musos discuss things and all the others completely ignore the thread. This is for shit like Take That.

But you're the only one that ever talks about them.

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd November 2014, 9:22 PM GMT

I know that the pop/rock thread has been hi-jacked by a few musical snobs. Yes - I admit it.

So this is to discuss ordinary pop. I'll even refrain from being abusive about Take That.

Even in the first post, which evidently was all lies. :(

Quote: zooo @ 8th October 2015, 6:17 PM BST

But you're the only one that ever talks about them.

Even in the first post, which evidently was all lies. :(

My sincere apologies zooo.

I'm very disappointed in you, Chappers. But I shall let it slide, this once.