Have I Got News For You - Series 50 Page 2

I had to laugh when he got himself stuck in a corner with him being told apparently to not talk about cars.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 3rd October 2015, 3:44 PM BST

I reckon he follows Michael Foot as his nephew Paul used to work on Private Eye.

I didn't know Paul Foot was related to Michael Foot. I wonder if Michael would have been as successful if he had Paul's haircut.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 4th October 2015, 1:50 PM BST

I didn't know Paul Foot was related to Michael Foot. I wonder if Michael would have been as successful if he had Paul's haircut.

Are we talking about the namesake comedian or journalist here? The other day I was watching something the other day and thought "that's exactly who the comedian Paul Foot reminds me of.

Back to HIGNFY, I have a feeling in my bones that it's going to be a good series.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 4th October 2015, 4:07 PM BST

Back to HIGNFY, I have a feeling in my bones that it's going to be a good series.

Never fails with me. :D

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 3rd October 2015, 11:31 AM BST

Back to HIGNFY, Richard Osman was good, wasn't he?

Quite the reverse, Osman came across as a rather petulant spoilt child who thinks he's a lot funnier than he actually is.

Much as I love HIGNFY, the left-wing bias of the show doses get very tedious at times. Even Ian Hislop, who's normally quite balanced, had a rather out of character rant about David Cameron.

Quote: Basil Rathbon @ 6th October 2015, 12:47 PM BST

Quite the reverse, Osman came across as a rather petulant spoilt child who thinks he's a lot funnier than he actually is.

Much as I love HIGNFY, the left-wing bias of the show doses get very tedious at times. Even Ian Hislop, who's normally quite balanced, had a rather out of character rant about David Cameron.

Couldn't agree more. I actually don't think he's funny at all. He always tries to be and tends to fail. He always signposts when he's going to say something funny, which makes it even less successful.

It was a pretty decent episode. I thought Osman and Merton were on top form.

This may have spoilers for this weeks episode.

I just watched the footage of Boris Johnson having a game of street Rugby in Japan, getting carried away and accidentally flattening a 10 year old boy. I can't stop laughing.

Apparently he also did a press conference talking about Britain being a world leader in technology. He talked about contactless payment and how easy it was to pay when using public transport in London. Then someone pointed out that Japan has had contactless payment since 2001.

That's this weeks episode sorted.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 15th October 2015, 1:41 PM BST

I just watched the footage of Boris Johnson having a game of street Rugby in Japan, getting carried away and accidentally flattening a 10 year old boy. I can't stop laughing.

Apparently he also did a press conference talking about Britain being a world leader in technology. He talked about contactless payment and how easy it was to pay when using public transport in London. Then someone pointed out that Japan has had contactless payment since 2001.

Sounds like two particularly easy jokes to me.

It's even in my local paper:

http://bazonline.ch/panorama/vermischtes/Londons-Buergermeister-reisst-bei-Rugby-Bub-zu-Boden/story/22630375

Well, maybe it was too obvious so they avoided these opportunities.

Nope. :P

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 3rd October 2015, 11:31 AM BST

I'm pretty sure that he is. As for Piers Morgan, he's married (for the second time) to a journalist who's the daughter of a Conservative MP from Thatcher's tenure.

Back to HIGNFY, Richard Osman was good, wasn't he?

My Mum disagreed with me today. She thought, as Basil Rathbon did (the BCG poster, not the late actor) that Osman was unfair to Clarkson.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th October 2015, 7:18 PM BST

Nope. :P

I cannot really recall most of last night's episode (although I'm probably going dotty) - was it funny?

OK, normal funny episode. :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th October 2015, 11:11 PM BST

OK, normal funny episode. :)

I'm racking my brains trying to recall who was on it? Oh yes, Sadiq Khan and Roisin Conaty. Merton, when he woke up, was quite funny I guess?