Harry And Paul's Story Of The 2s Page 2

I'd forgotten just how good Harry is at impersonations (his John Cleese was very good). I liked the 'I'm better than you' reality show stuff, spot on. I thought the supporting cast were great too. Particularly Simon Greenall's Greg Wallace from Masterchef.

The gratuitous lesbian kiss at every opportunity in I Clavdivs was a nice gag. I think the Marc Bolan reference must have been to Patricia Quinn's Livilla:

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 27th May 2014, 12:58 PM BST

Particularly Simon Greenall's Greg Wallace from Masterchef.

Brilliant.

Really enjoyable and spot on pretty much all the way.

Funniest show so far in 2014.

I've watched it 4 or 5 times now - it gets better with each viewing. Yes, there are a (very) few 'misses' but the 'hits' are brilliant. Harry & Paul (and especially Harry in this) are simply giving us a masterclass in observation and parody. The supporting cast were great too, especially Simon Greenall. Kevin Eldon's mumbing Bob Harris was hilarious.

The production was great, there are so many subtle touches (as always with Harry E) and you felt every line was really thought about. 'Panel show' was brilliant, but for me the best thing was the Dennis Potter parody - partly as it skewered everything about that over-rated writer and the BBC's deference to him.

They spared no-one, including themselves. Ideally, a whole series could have been made of this. Thing about Harry & Paul is that they really know how to be funny, they have the skills to do it on camera and that they intimately know their targets.

I'm keeping this show on m'Sky+ Box in order to watch it again and again.

P.S. Paul Whitehouse's impression of Andy Hamilton was wonderful.

Quote: T.W. @ 10th June 2014, 11:53 PM BST

I've watched it 4 or 5 times now

Is there spunk on the autorepeat button again?

Quote: T.W. @ 10th June 2014, 11:53 PM BST

They spared no-one, including themselves.

I rather enjoyed the bit where Harry Enfield was being grilled about how upset he felt when The Fast Show raced ahead of Harry Enfield and Chums.

I just caught the end of the new Simon Schama documentary and my word, wasn't Harry Enfield's impression absolutely spot on?