Josh Widdicombe

I've seen little bits of Josh on panel shows, etc. But last night's appearance on The Rob Brydon Show was the first time I'd seen his 'act'.

I though he was great - very promising. Good delivery, confident and likeable.

Loved the Co-Op stuff and the line about Laserquest being 'the future of warfare'.

I thought he was really funny too. Never seen/heard of him before. And he wasn't blue, either, which is always a good thing.

He was on that FHM Stand Up Hero last year. Did he win? I think he won.

I think he did, yeah.

Looks promising.

Watched "And Another Thing". It was... much worse than I expected.

The biggest revelation for me is that his voice really starts to grate after about 10 minutes and only gets worse from then on. By the end of the set it edges towards torture territory.

I went back and watched some of his performances from 2011 and earlier on YouTube, and he used to sound so much better.

Is it me or is Josh Widdicombe on just about every panel show and light entertainment programme going in the last 12 months?

I think he's quite funny but I think he's on TV too much.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 6th September 2015, 9:42 PM BST

Is it me or is Josh Widdicombe on just about every panel show and light entertainment programme going in the last 12 months?

I think he's quite funny but I think he's on TV too much.

I agree with you Tommy. I think he can be quite good, but when newly successful comedians go through that phase of being on everything all the time, eventually people get a bit fed up with them.

I think part of it was as well as appearing regularly on other shows, he had two series going at the same time (The Last Leg and Taskmaster). But they've both finished for the time being so maybe that will solve it.

Saw him several years ago as the opening act for Michael McIntyre when he was trying out routines for his BBC Christmas Roadshow.

Tipped him for big things then & as said above he does appear on everything nowadays. Although he's got a big national tour coming up so maybe that will keep him off TV for awhile?

I saw him support Steve Merchant's Hello Ladies tour in Bristol around late 2011 I think it was. He was very new to the comedy scene then (I think). Didn't think too much of his performance but then again, it's hard to tell if new support acts will mount to anything special over time.

His regular appearances on all of these shows reminds me of Andy Millman from Extras getting on any show he can. I am sure Josh is less pompous than the fictional character though!

I think that he's pretty funny, BUT totally agree that the same tired old faces turn up on every single panel show going. I can't recall watching any panel shows recently though, I became tired of them.

I like him - he was on Bake Off - Extra Slice recently. Jo Brand is brilliant on this as chair.

He is one of the best comedian, love him.