New open mic starting in Bristol

Hi guys,

Since there currently seems to be no open mics in Bristol that do exclusively comedy I've decided to set one up. I've sorted a venue and it'll be starting at the end of next month. The details aren't 100% yet and we're yet to find an MC (if anybody with MC experience is interested then feel free to get in touch) but apart from that it's more or less sorted and will be in Totterdown at a venue that has previously run successful comedy nights.

People of all experience levels will be welcome to come up and do a set, I've already got a few people interested and there's a couple of beginners in there too, the aim is for it to be a comfortable and enjoyable environment for new performers but to also throw in a couple of more seasoned comics to mix things up a bit.

If anybody's interested then feel free to shoot me over a PM with your email address and I'll let you know when I have more details and a confirmed date for the first one, or alternatively leave a message on this thread. Also if any of you guys know of anybody else who's interested in doing comedy in Bristol then let them know too, the more the merrier and if we get plenty of people turning up then we'll be able to make it a regular fixture and maybe set up a couple more!

Ciaran

Ta - I've just shared this on the Cardiff Comedy Facebook group.

So the night never happened, the owner totally failed to get back to me and I ended up completely out of the loop (there was actually a quiz night set up on the same night we had arranged the comedy night), I already let people know about this via the mailing list but just thought I'd post on here in case there was anyone not on the list wondering why it didn't happen.

I'm looking for a new location and I'm going to aim to have something set up by the end of the month.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, I did my best but obviously it just wasn't to be.

Hi Ciaran, there are nights at The Snug and the Crofters Rights,both in Stokes Croft, now.. But another night at a different time in the month woul be good too.... Cheers Darren

Ooh, put me on your mailing list too please....