Status report Page 5,855

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 11th September 2015, 5:06 PM BST

:S

Bloody youngsters!

If you're calling me a youngster I'll take it.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to find out whose catchphrases these were or are. Does anyone know?

"What happened was"
"Hello punters"
"It's just a bit of fun"

Are you sure about the wording of the second one as the nearest I can think of to it is Arthur Askey's "Hello Playmates"

Maybe try it in the People & Stand-Up thread - not really Status Report is it? ;)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th September 2015, 7:48 PM BST

Are you sure about the wording of the second one as the nearest I can think of to it is Arthur Askey's "Hello Playmates"

Maybe try it in the People & Stand-Up thread - not really Status Report is it? ;)

Yes I'm sure it's right, "Hello Playmates" is one of the other quotes listed.
I am duly told off and will take myself over to the other thread.
In my defence my status is that I am trying to find out the answers and I didn't remember the other thread.
I will refrain from saying 'so there' because I am a mature adult.

Did Julian Clary say Hello Punters?

Quote: zooo @ 11th September 2015, 7:55 PM BST

Did Julian Clary say Hello Punters?

Yes. Thank you Zooo.

I know you are all eagerly awaiting a health update from me, so here it is.......... :D

Just been to see the Doctor and it is not a problem with my hip - HIP HIP HOORAY!; as I didn't see how I could look after my wife if I had to go through all that with a hip replacement.

So, it is sciatica and have now got to have my spine x-rayed and in the meantime he has given me some stronger pain killers that target nerve problems.

You can all stop worrying now. Whistling nnocently

Hurray!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th September 2015, 11:53 AM BST

I know you are all eagerly awaiting a health update from me, so here it is.......... :D

Just been to see the Doctor and it is not a problem with my hip - HIP HIP HOORAY!; as I didn't see how I could look after my wife if I had to go through all that with a hip replacement.

So, it is sciatica and have now got to have my spine x-rayed and in the meantime he has given me some stronger pain killers that target nerve problems.

That's really good news...you scumbag.

I have to worry about my niece instead.

The good old NHS will do your Xray for free, unlike my American niece who has a similar spine problem and will need an MRI scan costing $7000 of which she has to pay $1500 plus other expenses. Being out-of-work because of the sine problem, she has used up all her savings.

Hmm if all the BCG "Status Reportees" forgo their next beer or custard pie and donated the money to her instead she would have enough I think.

See what you think. http://www.gofundme.com/p5czn95s

Huh? Huh?

..some stronger pain killers...

Open a bottle of whiskey, I'll bring my Pink Floyd LPs with me. We'll have a lovely afternoon.

Good news!

I'm in the death throes of my marriage and have just come through the Decree Nisi stage with the Absolute just around the corner. I generally get on OK with the ex but I do get a bit of back-biting from time to time but nothing too terrible. All in all the divorce process as been alright.

My son (who lives with his mum) has a football match tomorrow about 15 miles away which I can't get to because I can't drive for medical reasons. My ex said yesterday that she wouldn't be able to take him and my partner can't either because she's working. Luckily my son has been offered a lift by the parents of one of the other players so he can still go.

These two paragraphs seem unrelated but here's where I connect them.

Today my ex has offered to take me to the game and this has annoyed me as it puts me in a difficult position. If I take up the offer I will piss off my partner and if I decline it I piss off my son. "Well, I asked daddy if he wanted to come and he said no" - I think that's completely unfair of her to do that.

The daft thing is that I could happily make that journey with my ex without any problem because believe you me and would never get back with her. I get to see my son but it sends out so many wrong signals with him and my partner it just makes more sense to keep things separate.

I've not replied to the message yet - what would you do?

Could you get a taxi?
If not take the lift. Your son being upset is probably worse than your partner being upset.

Thank you friends, and Gordon - love you too. Console

Quote: Tuumble @ 15th September 2015, 1:53 PM BST

I've not replied to the message yet - what would you do?

Put your sons feelings above your own. Tell your partner you will endure your ex wifes company on the journey just for the sake of your son.

Also your ex might actually be trying to be 'fair' not 'unfair'?

Anyway good luck with your moral dilemma!