Worst website from a comic Page 2

Quote: youngian @ July 12 2013, 8:04 PM BST

Tom O'Connor has saved a few bob on web design and had a go himself over 10 years ago

http://www.tomoconnor.co.uk

He still sells tapes.

I'm tempted to spend a tenner on the four tapes and see if that in 2013 that he can still deliver on the offer. He can't be getting them produced anymore. It would make a perfect present for people I am obliged to buy presents for but don't actually like.

I wonder how many he is sitting on?

Quote: youngian @ July 12 2013, 11:46 PM BST

Meanwhile Jim Bowen has moved into ecommerce

http://www.jimbowen.tv/merchandise.php

"You Can't Tell These Anymore" aka racist jokes from the 70s

Quote: zooo @ 22nd July 2013, 6:21 PM BST

http://www.chrisdangerfield.com/

Wilfully shit.

Is it me or is that a rip-off of David O'Doherty's?

http://www.davidodoherty.com/links.htm

Lol, that one is amazing.

I would like to formally resurrect this thread dating back eleven months because I stumbled across it and thought it amusing. Tom O'Connor always seemed to be hosting something or other in the 1970s and 1980s and I oft wonder what he's up to now, as I do with many similar showbiz stars and use my lunchtimes to search them and discover what they're doing now, often hooting with laughter to my colleagues' chagrin (if I'm in the office that is, if not, it echoes around this small room...)

Anyway, I've been searching for Tom O'Connor's cassettes on Amazon to no avail, which is a huge pity. I did discover some rather nice reviews though, such as this one:

Of all the books, I've ever read (and I've read quite a few !) I have never come across such an engrossing read as "Take a Funny Turn".
Tom O' Connor is the man everyone loves to love. He is a messiah on the grass roots comedy circuit, staying away from all of those foul "jokes" perpetrated by less talented "comedians". If you are a producer of Saturday evening game shows, you can always call up Tom and be guarenteed consistently brilliant humour for all the family.
This book is pretty much what you would expect really, an autobiography of Tom O' Connor (if you are looking for details on someone elses life, you'd be advised to stay well away...). Tom's beginnings were humble to say the least. However, as Tom seems to know, it is his rise to stardom that the reader really wants to know about. For me, Tom reached his peak with the disgustingly underrated 'Crosswits' - a quiz show based on crossword puzzles. It's all detailed here, Crosswits fans ! You won't be dissapointed...
If I had to sum up my views on this book, it would be thus: If you like Tom, BUY IT - if you don't, LEAVE IT ALONE and let someone who does buy it !
ROLL THE DICE !

Plus this:

Paid 21€ for book Wanted it for Christmas gift When it arrived I was very disappointed to see a thin cheap looking book.The price on the back was either 5 pounds or 5 99 Disgusted !!! Hated giving it to my son but showed him my account on bank statement He understood but said I was "done" very badly I won't be caught again.

I know what's on my Christmas list now.

Bump.

Can anyone think of any more?

www.doddy.com

Quote: beaky @ 11th July 2015, 10:04 PM BST

www.doddy.com

You'd think, with all of his £££s, that he'd be able to buy that domain, wouldn't you?

My parents gave me £150 for my birthday, £28 of which I've earmarked for joining the 'Friends of the London Transport Museum', but I may spend some of the remainder on these gems: http://www.tomoconnor.co.uk/orderform.html

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 29th October 2014, 12:33 PM GMT

I would like to formally resurrect this thread dating back eleven months because I stumbled across it and thought it amusing. Tom O'Connor always seemed to be hosting something or other in the 1970s and 1980s and I oft wonder what he's up to now, as I do with many similar showbiz stars and use my lunchtimes to search them and discover what they're doing now, often hooting with laughter to my colleagues' chagrin (if I'm in the office that is, if not, it echoes around this small room...)

Anyway, I've been searching for Tom O'Connor's cassettes on Amazon to no avail, which is a huge pity. I did discover some rather nice reviews though, such as this one:

Of all the books, I've ever read (and I've read quite a few !) I have never come across such an engrossing read as "Take a Funny Turn".
Tom O' Connor is the man everyone loves to love. He is a messiah on the grass roots comedy circuit, staying away from all of those foul "jokes" perpetrated by less talented "comedians". If you are a producer of Saturday evening game shows, you can always call up Tom and be guarenteed consistently brilliant humour for all the family.
This book is pretty much what you would expect really, an autobiography of Tom O' Connor (if you are looking for details on someone elses life, you'd be advised to stay well away...). Tom's beginnings were humble to say the least. However, as Tom seems to know, it is his rise to stardom that the reader really wants to know about. For me, Tom reached his peak with the disgustingly underrated 'Crosswits' - a quiz show based on crossword puzzles. It's all detailed here, Crosswits fans ! You won't be dissapointed...
If I had to sum up my views on this book, it would be thus: If you like Tom, BUY IT - if you don't, LEAVE IT ALONE and let someone who does buy it !
ROLL THE DICE !

Plus this:

Paid 21€ for book Wanted it for Christmas gift When it arrived I was very disappointed to see a thin cheap looking book.The price on the back was either 5 pounds or 5 99 Disgusted !!! Hated giving it to my son but showed him my account on bank statement He understood but said I was "done" very badly I won't be caught again.

I know what's on my Christmas list now.

Tom O'Connor's daughter-in-law is lovely ex hot athlete sexy Denise Lewis. Just thought I'd mention it.

Ooh really, I never knew that!

Quote: zooo @ 12th July 2015, 2:04 PM BST

Ooh really, I never knew that!

Me neither, I adore such things. I read the other day that one of Bob Holness' daughters was in the 80s band Toto Coelo who were best known for the classic track 'I Eat Cannibals.'

Tom O'Connor is one of the most remarkable comedians this country has ever produced.

Before hitting the TV big-time he was almost unique in Britain, being a sought-after club comedian who would have an audience of any age and of any social class rolling on the floor laughing with an act that was as clean as the proverbial whistle.

A genuine 'one off'.

Quote: Will Cam @ 12th July 2013, 9:55 PM BST

Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner:

http://www.davidbussell.com/

This is amazing