Ruddy Hell! It's Harry and Paul Page 11

Quote: Chappers @ 1st September 2015, 8:59 PM BST

Kathy Burke?

YES....."Kathy's Perry", as stated. No idea why you are querying that.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st September 2015, 10:07 AM BST

Kathy's Perry (f**king hysterical) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDKF8KkD7rE with Harry's trying to do a Manchester accent at the end, the highly educated surgeons (brilliant), Mr Cholmondley-Warner and Grayson (the football match was genius) etc. etc.

To be honest, I can't argue with you there Herc. I always loved the Cholmondly-Warner stuff (and all the other 'archive' B&W stuff) and Kathy Burke is brilliant. I do miss her doing character comedy stuff.

I don't think there was one Mr Cholmondley-Warner and Grayson that wasn't hilarious - very clever and funny. Loved the one they did where they attempted a colour transmission. :D

And the Slobs:-

Wayne: "Why are you smoking Capstan Extra Strength?"

Waynetta: "'Cos I'm smoking for two"

Laughing out loud

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st September 2015, 10:07 AM BST

by the look of the perplexed audience it must have taken a long time to produce what with stopping to reset scenes etc.

An audience of about 12 supporting artists, sitting with them against a chroma key (green screen) replacement of genuine An Audience With... type audience footage.

Quote: fasty @ 1st September 2015, 9:41 PM BST

I enjoyed all the old clips and (alas) am old enough to get the Bwian Walden joke but some of the celeb 'guests' stumped me until their names were mentioned. Loved Hislop and Jimmy Carr though :)

Yes, but Brian Walden?? He disappeared off our screens some 15 years ago and more to the point, what was Gloria doing in there? Could see no significance in either of them being impersonated.

Well they did make a joke about their impressions being dated & also a lot of these Audience Withs were in the 80s so maybe it was a nod to that.

It wasn't brilliant though
But there was plenty to enjoy

Fair point.

At least they're has beens..

Could it all be a nod to the original An Audience With... programmes? Just a thought.

It was all very cleverly put together. Nods to the past and taking the piss out of themselves, giving an excuse to show clips that they wouldn't try to do nowadays.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd September 2015, 10:52 AM BST

I don't think there was one Mr Cholmondley-Warner and Grayson that wasn't hilarious - very clever and funny. Loved the one they did where they attempted a colour transmission. :D

And the Slobs:-

Wayne: "Why are you smoking Capstan Extra Strength?"

Waynetta: "'Cos I'm smoking for two"

Laughing out loud

That was a fantastic series, that's for sure.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 2nd September 2015, 6:19 PM BST

Well they did make a joke about their impressions being dated & also a lot of these Audience Withs were in the 80s so maybe it was a nod to that.

It wasn't brilliant though
But there was plenty to enjoy

Agreed. It was rather odd though.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 2nd September 2015, 8:41 PM BST

Could it all be a nod to the original An Audience With... programmes? Just a thought.

I thought that too. The really 80s ones with Wincey Willis or Grotbags sitting in the audience.