Would I Lie To You? - Series 9 Page 3

Very funny episode tonight!

Weird having two J/Germaine on, and no one seemed to notice or comment.

Why does the BCG's episode guide for this week's ep show a picture of something that didn't make it into the edit?

Because we have no way of knowing what will make it through the edit suite.*

* Not quite true. I could have watched it - and every other episode - already, but don't have the time.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st August 2015, 10:11 PM BST

Weird having two J/Germaine on, and no one seemed to notice or comment.

Not quite as odd as for example the final shot showing a baldheaded Alan Davies without explanation how that happened but I know what you mean.

This editing problem is really frustrating for a guest if nearly all of his or her contributions are edited out, someone pointed this situation out earlier in this thread. Not only does this look odd but also the whole world thinks that this guest was completely shit.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 22nd August 2015, 2:18 PM BST

This editing problem is really frustrating for a guest if nearly all of his or her contributions are edited out, someone pointed this situation out earlier in this thread. Not only does this look odd but also the whole world thinks that this guest was completely shit.

It could be that the regulars are just so funny that there's no room for anyone else in the edit. Let's face it, they are very good at it.
Alternatively, we might suspect a conspiracy.

David I like very much as he is always sharp and funny, but Lee sometimes can get a bit wearing I find.

I think when this show is at its best, they let certain lies/stories play out in their entirety. Unfortunately this means you can't fit much in to a 30 minute edit. Last week (I think) only four points were scored over all which means two guests didn't even get a go.

I think it could work in an hour long format.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd August 2015, 5:40 PM BST

David I like very much as he is always sharp and funny, but Lee sometimes can get a bit wearing I find.

Yeah, Lee is very quick-witted, but because of that, sometimes doesn't know when to shut up. When there's a drearily obvious gag to be made, you know Lee will inevitably go for it.

Is the American guy really a comedian?

Yes. Have you not seen Catastrophe?

I'm starting to agree with Stewart Lee about the same couple of agents getting the same acts on everything.

Tonight, Rhod Gilbert was on WILTY on BBC1. At the same time Rhod Gilbert was on 15 to 1 on C4 with Adam Hills. An hour later Adam Hills was presenting The Last Leg on C4 with Josh Widdicombe and Alex Brooker. Just before that Josh Widdicombe and Alex Brooker were on Cats Does Countdown on C4.

I don't have any problems any of them, but it is the same dozen or so comedians appearing on everything.

Burst out laughing when Rhod said about Clare's handbag moving - "And you thought, Oh, it's gone off again" Laughing out loud

Quote: Aaron @ 28th August 2015, 10:12 PM BST

Yes. Have you not seen Catastrophe?

Not yet. Just read the Catastrophe thread and it seems I missed out on something.
Just didn't find him very funny on this episode of WILTY, to me he was just a (very) good looking bloke.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th August 2015, 10:31 PM BST

Burst out laughing when Rhod said about Clare's handbag moving - "And you thought, Oh, it's gone off again" Laughing out loud

Me too. Rhod's always good on this.

Another all-round great episode tonight.