Taskmaster Page 2

Lol, at this rate you are going to LOVE episode 4.

As I have I said before, I think it's the best comedy on TV right now. However, I do think they missed a beat by not changing the line-up each week. The panel they have is diverse enough to maintain its quality but still, I think it would have benefited from a shake-up.

Quote: Davey Jay @ 8th August 2015, 11:46 PM BST

Episode 2 = 6.5 out of 10

Why do nerdy shows never have an integer rating?

I gave the first episode a 4 mate

Also - I actually think it's good that they keep the same line up

Bet it's really 3.9999. ;)

haha - you do realise that you are calling people nerds whilst talking about integers and scores to 4 decimal points - lol - and actually it was 3.9972 (once I weighed things up in my computer program) but I of course rounded to the nearest integer.

Loving this show, and having the same guests each time really works to its advantage.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 4th August 2015, 11:06 PM BST

Undercover is dull. I don't understand why Sarah Alexander (who is lovely) would devise a show and not give herself the best part. She should be playing the central character and Daniel Rigby should play, erm, no one (he's really not very good).

Couldn't disagree with you more. Undercover was riotous - very funny, and loads of tension.

Oh, and - totes awks - Sacha Alexander (note the c) is the co-creator and co-writer, not Sarah. Sacha is a man. He plays Ara.

Quote: Nil Putters @ 15th August 2015, 12:29 PM BST

Loving this show, and having the same guests each time really works to its advantage.

I was a bit thrown by the reappearance of the same guests, as it seems so obviously formatted to be different people each week, but Nil's right: it does somehow work to its advantage, as we get to see them through further bizarre tasks.

Perhaps if they were accumulating points across the series rather than per-episode it'd feel a bit more natural to me. But I note the final episode is a who-will-win-the-series one anyway.

We're nearly at the end of the series and can I just say this is brilliant. (Mind you I think that's true of nearly everything Alex Horne does.) The tasks are ingeniously simple but it's the different ways of tackling and solving them that makes it funny.

Personally I think the same guests is better as you get to see their different approaches more each week. Romesh will get angry, Frank will take a slow, considered approach, Tim will try something inventive etc.

This is one of the best programs on TV at the moment and I'd go so far as to say Dave have 2 of the best original shows around with this and Dave Gorman. Given how badly other channels have done trying to get their comedy programming off the ground (I'm looking at you Comedy Central) this is very encouraging. Add in Sky's recent successes and there is hope that it's not all down to just BBC and Channel 4.

Agreed. I just hope a second series is commissioned.

Yep, loving it, I've laughed so much. Just sad that if it does get a second series it will, most likely, have different guests and may not be as good. They ALL need to be comedians, don't start sticking in presenters and 'sportsman'.

Quote: Nil Putters @ 1st September 2015, 12:16 PM BST

Yep, loving it, I've laughed so much. Just sad that if it does get a second series it will, most likely, have different guests and may not be as good. They ALL need to be comedians, don't start sticking in presenters and 'sportsman'.

Oh god, seconded.

Quote: Nil Putters @ 1st September 2015, 12:16 PM BST

I could put up with someone who is maybe a comic actor or someone who is naturally funny but not a full blown stand up, but I agree, no sportspeople, no TV presenters and especially no DJs or 'reality stars'.

Yes, a very funny series. I would be absolutely astonished if they don't order at least one more series.

Binge-watched the series, it was a bit uneven but riotously funny in places. The best moment for me was the "guess the pie" contest and the look on Alex's face when he was about to taste the hot toothpaste pie. It's been a while since I laughed so much.