Would I Lie To You? - Series 9 Page 2

Quote: Rood Eye @ 3rd August 2015, 10:37 AM BST

That's much the same as saying 'a member of the EastEnders cast' isn't it?

Yes, some twat off twatting EastEnders.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd August 2015, 10:41 AM BST

Yes, some twat off twatting EastEnders.

Do you know that the BBC uses EastEnders scripts as a guideline for what is good?

Popular, but not necessarily Bafta awarding as such? (Though it has won Baftas)

Top series. Hope they hold on to Brydon as host. I loved the Mitchell comment this week that if he couldn't do a good Moira Stewart impersonation he could never do Ronnie Corbett again. Made me laugh anyway. Oh and if EastEnders is held up by the Beeb as good writing I'll start siding with the government on their opinion of the organisation. Never thought I'd say that!

Theft & Shrubbery. Laughing out loud

Bob is the best guest ever.
I wish he could do the apple thing again.

Bob Mortimer tonight again was effin' hilarious.

The cheese slices and the boy with the big head who they called "a sniper's dream". Laughing out loud

Also much better all round this week, although Lee Mack's shouted weak jokes can jar. David Mitchell far funnier in my eyes.

Am I correct in thinking that the bloke on David's team who wasn't Greg Davies didn't utter a single complete sentence?

Quote: cwickham @ 15th August 2015, 12:36 AM BST

Am I correct in thinking that the bloke on David's team who wasn't Greg Davies didn't utter a single complete sentence?

Rick Edwards. Yes, I noticed that as well. I'm assuming they film for about an hour and edit it into a half-hour show so there is always one each week that seems left out.

Quote: Woozie @ 15th August 2015, 3:31 AM BST

Rick Edwards. Yes, I noticed that as well. I'm assuming they film for about an hour and edit it into a half-hour show so there is always one each week that seems left out.

I think it's probably closer to two or three hours, and I'm aware we only get to see the "edited highlights", but I don't think I've ever seen somebody so completely cut out of existence by the edit on a panel show.

Quote: cwickham @ 15th August 2015, 10:05 AM BST

I think it's probably closer to two or three hours, and I'm aware we only get to see the "edited highlights", but I don't think I've ever seen somebody so completely cut out of existence by the edit on a panel show.

Well that's what happens when you hire a guest who's a bit shit. The booking on WILTY is usually pretty good.

Quote: cwickham @ 15th August 2015, 10:05 AM BST

but I don't think I've ever seen somebody so completely cut out of existence by the edit on a panel show.

Well at least he said something, not like in the last series when Rob Beckett said..........nothing. If he did it was completely cut out, which is not surprising as he is not that funny..........well, apart from the gob full of teeth that he appears to be breaking in for somebody else.

Greg Davies tale of a trip to Paris and getting another teacher to say vegetable was so crazy it had to be true.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th August 2015, 11:31 PM BST

Rob Beckett...he is not that funny..........well, apart from the gob full of teeth that he appears to be breaking in for somebody else.

What I want for my birthday: Rob Beckett, John Bishop & a little hammer.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 21st August 2015, 5:44 PM BST

What I want for my birthday: Rob Beckett, John Bishop & a little hammer.

Do the job properly, there's a sledge hammer on its way to you from Amazon.