Duty Free - favourite episode?

This has always been one of my favourite sitcoms, and recently I have been watching them over and over again.

Anyway, back to the subject of favourite, and for me it would have to be 'Spanish Lace' from Series 1, followed very closely by 'Deja Vu' from Series 3. I just love the way Amy always seemed to be one step ahead of David, and the lengths he would go to be with Linda.

So guys what's your favourite?

I like to thank everyone that contributed to this thread Laughing out loud

Sorry. I used to really like this but I don't remember any actual episodes let alone their titles.

Didn't like it, hence no comment.

However:-

How to Kill a Sitcom = have Gwen Taylor in it.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th March 2014, 9:27 PM GMT

Didn't like it, hence no comment.

However:-

How to Kill a Sitcom = have Gwen Taylor in it.

First thing I ever saw her in and I thought she was great.

Joanna Von G was also very sexy.

Blimey - it wasn't that bad! I liked it anyway. A happy way to pass half an hour. Good cast. I think my fav episode is where Frazer Hines appears as himself and Linda becomes star-struck and throws herself at him whereas he actually fancies Amy who is indifferent to him. Other good shows> when the ingratiating 'Kev', David's ex-work mate who survived redundancy turns up and seems to trump him at every turn. And when David plans a return to the hotel (to secretly meet Linda again) by taking his old pal Tommy and not Amy. Only trouble is poor Tommy died years ago as Amy discovered. We cringe as David mimics 'Tommy' in a phone call with Amy!

Actually, this series is kind of representative of the 80s when people like David were being thrown on the scrapheap by people like Robert. David is actually virtually suffering a nervous breakdown and fantasises about running off with the glamorous Linda who is bored with her rather staid husband. Only Amy seems to realise what is actually going on. The big mystery is how they came to choose the same rather modest hotel. OK, David is splashing his redundancy money but surely Robert and Linda are slumming it? Still, it's a sitcom. We can suspend belief a bit.

Anyone who can remember this sitcom should be congratulated on being able to remember ANYthing.

The very last one ;)

Quote: Rood Eye @ 24th June 2015, 1:42 PM BST

Anyone who can remember this sitcom should be congratulated on being able to remember ANYthing.

And your point is what exactly?

I'll always remember Gwen Taylor's line to a bullfighter "You're not an artist; you're a hit man for Fray Bentos!"

My favourite episode now is 'The Go Between'. Strangely enough, at one time it was one of my least favourite episodes.

I didn't like the episodes where they had to hide in wardrobes!

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 27th July 2015, 2:50 PM BST

I didn't like the episodes where they had to hide in wardrobes!

The episode your referring to I think is 'El Astro'.

I had the feeling it was all the episodes.

I do have a soft spot for this sitcom as I remember it being one of the first comedies I watched when I was around 4! Have the series on DVD and have quite a few favourites, but to narrow it down one of them is when the Wish You Were Here team arrive at the San Remo Hotel. I would say my ultimate favourite is 'A Duty Free Christmas'; filmed in Spain and no canned laughter seemed to add something for me.