Mr Cary's Top 10 Sitcoms

What do you think about this list so far? Mr Don and Mr George is a bit left-field?
Didn't I read that zooo hates Bread?

http://sitcomgeek.blogspot.co.uk/

Mr Don & Mr George is a fascinating choice. Not one I've ever seen, nor hear about very often (or otherwise, at all?). Will have to move it up my 'to watch' list!

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 20th July 2015, 4:07 PM BST

What do you think about this list so far? Mr Don and Mr George is a bit left-field?
Didn't I read that zooo hates Bread?

Don't think that was me!

I used to fancy the silly poet one, I think.

It was an Absolute offshoot. I loved it.

Absolutely, Chappers.

Dunno where I got that about Bread.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 20th July 2015, 6:06 PM BST

Absolutely, Chappers.

Dunno where I got that about Bread.

That was me I think, at the end of this..........

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/32097/

No, this was a few years back.

Oh.........over to you zooo ;)

Don't bother.

Red Dwarf at 6? Eh?

I've never seen 'Red Dwarf', apart from the odd clips that appear now and again on shows about sitcom. It looks dreadful.

I liked 'Bread' until the original Joey left, after which it just wasn't the same.

I watched a little of 'Black Books' but couldn't see anything very funny about it. The same goes for Dylan Moran's stand-up act.

"Bluestone 42" wasn't at all bad in itself but it must inevitably be compared with "M.A.S.H" and that's rather like comparing Shakin' Stevens with Elvis.

The award for greatest-ever sitcom might reasonably be awarded to "Allo! Allo!".

Quote: Rood Eye @ 21st July 2015, 3:33 PM BST

The award for greatest-ever sitcom might reasonably be awarded to "Allo! Allo!".

:)

Quote: Rood Eye @ 21st July 2015, 3:33 PM BST

"Bluestone 42" wasn't at all bad in itself...

#1?

And number 5 is H-Hancock.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 21st July 2015, 4:14 PM BST

#1?

And number 5 is H-Hancock.

My signature photo should let you know where I stand. ;)

One Foot in the Grave better than Hancock? I don't believe it! Stone me!

Of course all comedy is subjective but I'm not sure a man who owns up to writing Miranda and episodes of My Hero and My Family can be considered an expert on what's funny!