The Man Who Speaks Guitar, sketch

This sketch (which is in English) was filmed in Beijing China, and was run on something called the DaPeng Show, who is their biggest comedian over there.

Please let me know what you think. It's intended for Chinese audiences first and foremost, but also try to write it as a sort of crossover material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsb_Oaon8fQ

Thanks a lot. Feel free to crucify me if you think it's shit.

Quote: Wiggo @ 16th July 2015, 8:34 AM BST

It's intended for Chinese audiences first and foremost, but also try to write it as a sort of crossover material.

An interesting idea, with an attractive looking production, and smooth performances.

However, I didn't find it at all funny. The script lacked anything amusing, and the 'long guitar solo' translating as a single word is hugely old hat. Anything over 6 minutes needs to have a lot going on in it, and this really didn't justify such a length.

What's more, I know it's quite easy to produce some genuinely speech-like noises with a guitar, which your guitarist didn't attempt, so that's a bit of a lost opportunity. There's really so much more you could do with this idea.

Great use of Hendrix at the start though, full marks for that!

How did this sketch go down in China? Do you know?

This isn't a great sketch, it's over long, over explained, over narrated, an old joke and kinda obvious.

You could sort it all out with some fiersome editing and putting in a couple of twists.

Though the story of how you're in China making da funnies sounds like a fascintating story.