Why do people do that?

Voice your opinion about things you see people do and you wonder WHY?

Here's what inspired me to start this thread:-

I take my JR for a walk every day on the local cemeteries where there is a large car park with plenty of spaces that is half shaded by trees, which I always park under when it is very sunny and of course very hot in the car; BUT some people park their car in the full sunlight which means of course that it is like an oven inside it when they come back.

Are they gluttons for punishment or are they just plain stupid?

1. What's a JR?

2. Cars take seconds to cool down once the doors or windows are opened.

Jack Russell - love 'em! Such characters. :D

Yes, but that initial "Jesus Christ!" period I can do without thank you very much, but then I hate the heat so maybe that is why. Having said that, would it not make more sense to park in the shade, and why not - unless you like to be uncomfortable? Especially if you have a dog in tow. And gingerly trying to steer with a red hot steering wheel. :O

Perhaps it was shady when they parked - that sun don't half move around.

That would make sense, but half the car park is treeless where these masochists park.

Are they lime trees - some people are funny about sap on their paintwork.
And birdshit.

Or, as you say, they're morons.

Why do people using electronic travel cards on the bus, where you have to touch on and touch off: Touch on, sit down and put the card in their bag then when they get to their stop, hold the entire bus up while they look for their card in all their junk?

It's a touchy subject

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 2nd July 2015, 7:13 PM BST

True story:

I went hiking in the countryside today. It was 37 C hot so there weren't many other hikers around. At a particularly steep passage in the forest, far away from civilisation, a person came up to me. From the distance I recognised a heavily made up blonde woman in slutty clothes with black stockings (so no hiking wear!) which was very unusual considering the terrain and the temperature. I was walking down the hill, she was coming upwards. When she was only about 16ft away I suddenly realised she wasn't wearing anything below the waist...and much worse: a large (L-A-R-G-E!!!!) penis was dangling between "her" legs! From that moment on I was praying to God (being an atheist that has to be either Aaron or Roger Federer) that she wouldn't approach me in a certain way. I mean let's face it, that wasn't just a nudist hiker...the stockings and the rest of the appearance looked like statement! So I tried to act normal (whatever that means in such a situation) and said 'hello' while passing "her". "She" too said 'hello' and that was that. I didn't look back. Funnily, shortly after that incident I was wondering if that fella was wearing high heels or something like that because that would have fitted the rest of the outfit. But after seeing the todger I strictly avoided examining the rest of the appearance.
That was by far the strangest thing that ever happened to me in the countryside..or the strangest thing that ever happened to me, period. :S

Quote: Lee @ 16th July 2015, 9:56 AM BST

Cars take seconds to cool down once the doors or windows are opened.

Not in this part of the world. When it's 100F outside it takes at least 15 minutes of full-blast air conditioning before a vehicle cools down to a comfortable temperature. Metal seat belt buckles can give a nasty burn.

Quote: DaButt @ 16th July 2015, 2:16 PM BST

Not in this part of the world. When it's 100F outside it takes at least 15 minutes of full-blast air conditioning before a vehicle cools down to a comfortable temperature. Metal seat belt buckles can give a nasty burn.

Exactly.

Park in the shade if you can people! Rather that and a bit of bird shit.

Nice motor, Hercules!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th July 2015, 10:05 AM BST

Jack Russell - love 'em! Such characters. :D

You know, I guessed that the second I pressed the post button.

Quote: DaButt @ 16th July 2015, 2:16 PM BST

Are you acclimatised to your weather or is everyday a struggle? How do you fare in cooler climates?

Quote: Lee @ 16th July 2015, 3:44 PM BST

Are you acclimatised to your weather or is everyday a struggle? How do you fare in cooler climates?

I can handle the heat. We stand outside and drink beer when it's 105F, but it's good to find a bit of shade or take a dip in the pool. Florida was much harder to deal with because of the humidity, but every vehicle and building is air conditioned, so it's not too difficult to cope. I'd hate to be an outdoor laborer, however.

Cold weather is easier to deal with because you just have to wear appropriate clothing. It was 55F/13C at the music festival in Massachusetts a few weeks ago and I'd only packed t-shirts and shorts. It was a little uncomfortable when the wind was blowing and the rain made it even worse.

Quote: Lazzard @ 16th July 2015, 3:41 PM BST

Nice motor, Hercules!

AND a parking ticket! But I bet they were cool, albeit annoyed about the ticket, all the way home.